Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
Eh, technically I AM talking about that. It doesn't sound like an idea with much traction at this point but taking the long view - and shifting lightweighted versions of current STL sports cars to STU - i still think it's a viable solution. Problem is, it's a solution that's not only going to piss off four people, at least one of those people is pretty much in a position to prevent it from happening.

Do we wonder why classes don't prosper, even as they have expanded in number, when the wishes of so few individuals can drive an entire nationwide category...?

K
Top contenders in STU this year look to be a S2000 and a Z3. Both 2 seat sports cars. If a certain driver in a certain Lotus shows up that's a guaranteed win, why bother playing.

I believe that number of seats is a very valid starting point, as they are lower, with smaller frontal area, better weight balance, better handling than pretty much any 4 seat car. engine location is another huge handling advantage Mid engine for example.

How many Toyotas, Nissans, BMWs, Aduis, in other words, anything other than a Honda or Mazda, are running in STL?