If that is what you are hearing, then you aren't listening. The premise here, in the original post, is to take 'sports cars' away because no matter what you do, you will never make them 'equal' to touring cars.

What I am asking for are suggestions, by those who have already thrown in the proverbial towel, on what additional parity moves can be made instead of wholesale exclusion. Yes, I know you have said it won't happen, but that is the concept and the letter we are discussing.

We are far from 'that' point right now? Really? What data are we using to determine that? What examples of FWD TCs and RWD SCs are we citing with the same engine that you are basing your statement on? I haven't seen any. And if it's totally in the abstract, it sure as shit is something that should have been ironed out in the conceptual stages of the class not 3-4 years in.

If the K20 is limited already then its even more of a reason to say that that motor in a nice FWD chassis can run with a top Miata.

So to your apples to apples question. How far apart are we and what data are you using to determine we are?