Thread: What is a "touring car?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

so if they consolidate classes, how rapidly would that process take place? Kill/consolidate a couple a year?

is this talk something well know club racing directors are leaving the national office over?

From December Fastrack (my emphasis):

MOTION: Instruct CRB to administer a 10-year Class management program that contains the following elements:
    1. Immediately institute a 3 year stability period for all classes during which no new classes will be considered. Note that an exception will be made for SRF3 due to timing.
    2. Undertake a 6 month study to determine a 14-16 class Majors (national) club racing structure to be fully achieved by 2025.
    3. Based on 2025 class structure, establish category-based committees populated with subject matter experts. These committees to specify best path for current classes to arrive at 2025 targets. The process to be complete within 12 months of program start.
    4. Based on category committee results and internal deliberation, establish and administer a phased approach to reach 2025 class configuration in year 4 through 10 of the program.

Lewis/Kephart. For: Patullo, Walsh, Butler, Kephart, Lewis, Lindstrand, Helman, Pulliam, Harris. Against Hanushek, Langlotz, Zekert PASSED 9-3.

I NEVER remember what the date is and thusly, never remember when fastrack is out. Adam FTL

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    From December Fastrack (my emphasis):

MOTION: Instruct CRB to administer a 10-year Class management program that contains the following elements:
    1. Immediately institute a 3 year stability period for all classes during which no new classes will be considered. Note that an exception will be made for SRF3 due to timing.
    2. Undertake a 6 month study to determine a 14-16 class Majors (national) club racing structure to be fully achieved by 2025.
    3. Based on 2025 class structure, establish category-based committees populated with subject matter experts. These committees to specify best path for current classes to arrive at 2025 targets. The process to be complete within 12 months of program start.
    4. Based on category committee results and internal deliberation, establish and administer a phased approach to reach 2025 class configuration in year 4 through 10 of the program.

Lewis/Kephart. For: Patullo, Walsh, Butler, Kephart, Lewis, Lindstrand, Helman, Pulliam, Harris. Against Hanushek, Langlotz, Zekert PASSED 9-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Kirk I'll have to save this picture for future use but I think you are way off base. Clearly there is a path to 13 classes for Miatas plus a catch all for everything else. In all seriousness, I would be happy to see a well thought out long term class strategy and transition plan but I also have my doubts that as an organization we can get there.

I am so glad that the forum is back in time for the black helicopter (winter) season.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Oh, make no mistake - I'd be VERY glad if this idea were to work but I've got 35 years of experience with the Club that's telling me it won't survive the initial planning. The decision making process is too "responsive" to small numbers of loud voices. Again, I hope I'm wrong but...

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    The decision making process is too "responsive" to small numbers of loud voices.
    It also seems to be relatively deaf to large numbers of softer voices....
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

So, why do we have a need to consolidate?
    Solo has 50 or 60 classes (:-)) and pulls big numbers at the runoffs.
    We/SCCA is not in a position to be sending racers away!
    Why can't everyone be a winner??? Trophies are cheap and entry fees are high!
    Jerry
    NER South