Thread: Seat Mounting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Chip. Almost exactly what I had in mind. Now I just have to get it (and the cage) finished.

Rory

You would have to go below the floor plane with that frame in order to get the driver positioned lower--unless we are dealing with a jockey-sized driver.

Kind of tough to figure out, but when in doubt, try and locate near stock oem position. I like to mod the tunnel but only to accommodate the seat and not its mounting.

I think he is saying the tunnel prevents him from getting to the bolts on the sides of the seat, so he mount the seat to the side mounts first, and then attaches the side mounts to the frame, through the holes in the floor of the car.

I am expecting a similar arrangement for my seat.

I "massaged" the tunnel on my last build with some nice surgical moves.

both - actually. I have the radius at the base of the tunnel sliced to allow said frame, and do use the brackets to seat before seat into car assembly order.

the seat is rediculously low this way, the 1" of framing added tot he car puts the seat bracket bases lower than the stock seat mounts and the seat is low in those brackets. I can just barely squeeze my skinny arms under the seat from about halfwat back, not enough to do anything but grab belt webbing and the like. I'm 6'4", mostly legs and arms but still have a longer than average torso, and with helmet I have 4-5" of headroom in an AW11 MR2.