Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watkins Major

Drago really gets that miata around!

I use Pinnacle (Avid) Studio HD Ultimate 14.0

They are up to 17.5 but I wasn't used to the "improved" interface, so I stuck with the old

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...udio/ultimate/

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Last one: Saturday Race 1 with forward-facing roof as primary view, in-car as inset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXe-3pw7E7o

Open track. No T3 car holding up the leaders. Mid-race FCY allowed me to catch up to the top three, but after the restart they were gone.

Pinnacle is a bit spendy for me; I don't see spending that much time making these videos. Plus, it's very rare for me to have anyone else at the track with me that could start the external camera. So, I spent the $40 for RaceRender and made this video. They do offer a mirroring function - I may re-do the Sunday video accordingly - but I could not immediately see a way to crop the inset video, just resize it, which scrunches things.

I also see they support Race Technology data, but only if you export to CSV in advance. I may play around with that.

whenever I did two cams like that it took quite some time to synchronize the videos sliding one relative to the other at ever increasing time resolution until it was perfect... how did you do it?

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    whenever I did two cams like that it took quite some time to synchronize the videos sliding one relative to the other at ever increasing time resolution until it was perfect... how did you do it?
    The shadow under the bridge. I figured the car was right about the same length as the width of that shadow, and using the sliders/buttons I put the nose of the car from the front camera view on the downstream edge of the shadow, and the tail of the car from the rear view on the leading edge of the shadow. Worked perfectly and only took a few minutes of tweaking.

Absent that, I'd find a trackside brake marker and put it about midway on the car in both views (estimated of course, because you can't see sideways.)

GA

Looks great. I wouldn't drop the huge coin of the software either...although your positioning of the in-car is blocking my view of your fancy lightweight hood flopping around!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

"Fancy"?? That's 1950s Fiberglas technology, yo!