Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
I'm not going back.

Racing is supposed to be fun and I'm at a point in my life where I think I can reasonably expect that I can fall - or get knocked - off of a racetrack and not have it carry that high of a likelihood of a big price tag.

I love fast, challenging corners. I was within a half second of the ITB lap record the day before Pablo II was totaled due to someone else's bad decision, so I *think* I can find my way around the place. In this case, it was just the wrong place at the wrong time but unlike most tracks, where there might be a couple of places where a competitor's mechanical failure would end up in a big impact with a wall, WGI has only a couple of places where that is NOT likely to be the case.

The odds just don't add up as far as I'm concerned.

K
Sorry to hear about this Kirk, but glad everyone is ok.

Tough track, I know it's one of the classics but even with like 10 days on it so far doing HPDE and instructing, it still doesn't resonate well with me like some other places. Last time I touched the place I lost a LF hub, thankfully during pit-in. I'll be there this week again instructing, I'm going in with an open mind and want to love it.

I'd like to make a Major one of these days, this year the opportunity's passed.

Will