Thread: it throttle body

Default it throttle body

I am building my 85 jetta for itb and was wondering if I can change throttle body? or does it have to remain stock

Stock.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

I can modify though right?

Negative, Ghostrider. The key to the IT rules is to identify particular allowances in the rules to change things, change THOSE, and leave the everything else as stock. I can't think of any clause that allows changes to the throttle body of a MkII VW.

K

the mod I did was just take the cruise control portion off of it. got in the way of converting to megasquirt(fuel pressure regulator)

Quote Originally Posted by jetta1987 View Post
    the mod I did was just take the cruise control portion off of it. got in the way of converting to megasquirt(fuel pressure regulator)
    As along as it's the same thing that the factory delivered without cruise, you're fine.

well I guess I will see what happens. only other way around it is to change to mk1 intake where the throttle body is on the other side , im using 88 jetta fuel rail and injectors and the bottom sping assembly was getting in the way of the fuel regulator. that's why I removed it. only one way to find out and that is to try right?

Are you using the 88 Jetta pressure regulator? It should clear fine. If not, I am sure there are pile of non cruise control TBs out there for cheap.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com