I have no plans to go to the Glen Regional, but I am at the Glen Majors the weekend before.

I suggest, however, my primary reason for considering volunteering instead of racing is that during the "soft opening" I developed serious reservations about how the track will "race". Starting from the back of our group, I found it extremely difficult, and highly frustrating, that the track had no flow and even with a significant horsepower advantage I could not get up to relative speed to stick a clean pass (a la Watkins Glen). Yet, the track itself is so stop-and-go that it does not provide consistency such that a momentum car could maintain speed and stay in front of a higher-horsepower car (a la Lime Rock).

There's only one place on the track where a higher-pony car could stick a clean pass, and all the slower car needs to do is move over one lane to stop it from happening. If someone in front wanted to keep you back there, they could do it with little effort.

I fear this will cause a lot of driver frustration, resulting in unreasonable desperation passes, with a lot of metal-to-metal.

Dick related to me that we said the same thing about NHMS, but in the end it all worked out. I don't know, I wasn't there then, but I personally never thought that when I first hit NHMS (not even with the chicane/chicane layout). I sincerely hope my fears are unfounded. But, I'll probably sit this one out and instead do paperwork, then maybe I'll come back later in the year and give it a shot.

Greg