Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
i miss my wink mirror!! but i think it is subject to different cars. i have a convex in the bimmer and i cant see crap out of it but llike mickey most of the cars are in front of me so i dont really use it much. But when we get put into big bore i use it a lot trying to figure out what is coming up on me at an alarming pace!
I agree with Tim. I have had a wink in the car and small (slightly) convex bike mirrors on each side for many years. I even got some grief about the side mirrors when I started using them, but they're great for seeing close beside the car. You just can't see any distance behind you with a convex mirror. I tried one for a race last year and immediately went back to the Wink. If you're in a mixed group with big differences in lap times, the sooner you can see who's coming up to lap you, the better. Passing flags are obviously very helpful but are usually displayed at a corner and that can be too late when you're in a battle. Trust me, I know. When I know who's coming up behind me I can usually effect where I get passed without screwing up my lap time too much or interfering with my race. And sometimes that passing car can be a big advantage for getting by that guy you've been chasing down. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it!