Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club Racing Experience event at NHMS

Default Club Racing Experience event at NHMS

NER SCCA announces a Club Racing Experience event at NHMS SundayAugust 10th.
    Real wheel to wheel racing without all the paperwork hasslesone thinks of with SCCA.
    Check out the link:
    http://www.ner.org/announcement/club-racing-experience
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Spec Racer Fords will be available for Club Racing Experienceevent. Motion Dynamics the Northeast CSR for Spec racer has announced thatrental cars will be available for the August New Hampshire CRE event. This is agreat opportunity for drivers whether they have a license yet or not to try outthese race cars. Contact Motion Dynamics at [email protected] for moreinformation on renting a car.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

That is interesting... hmm :-)

What he said ^

Get em hooked!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

registration is open on motorsportsreg.com
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

NER SCCA announces a Club Racing Experience event at NHMS SundayAugust 10th.
    Real wheel to wheel racing without all the paperwork hasslesone thinks of with SCCA.
    Check out the link:

come on out and give it a try. you might get hooked.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

CRE huge success.
    Many thanks to all those who helped make this first time event work. Many thanks to the 11 (I think) newly minted race car drivers who raced. We had a cool variety of cars and lots of big smiles.
    Most of the racers were there to try racing but three also used the event as an alternative driver’s school to get their Club Racing license.
    We are so impressed we are adding another CRE to the schedule for the October Thompson event. It will be held on Saturday and Sunday 10/4-5.
    For those of you who do not know what a CRE is check out this link on the New England Region website.
    Dick Patullo
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I think this is the BEST way to get people a license and get them racing with us! I like it so much I think we should do it at every event so throughout the year people can get signed off to race as they get enough track time!

Great job!

I posted this on the NER forum too, but I talked at length with one of the drivers in this event. He owned the car he brought and said that he was using this event to get some non-wave-by seat time before jumping into the deep end with us. He had a blast. This is a great idea and I concur with Stephen.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by team-gpracing View Post
    ...I talked at length with one of the drivers in this event. He owned the car he brought and said that he was using this event to get some non-wave-by seat time before jumping into the deep end with us. He had a blast...
    Sounds like the 12A-powered 3rd-gen tubeframe RX-7? Super nice guy, I meet him in impound, glad he had a good time! I suspect he'll be racing with us soon. - Greg

This Club Racing Experience rhymes with the low-key way EMRA did it for years and is a great plan!
    It gave me a way to start wheel to wheel driving with a less than well prepared car with only safety stuff up to snuff.
    Kudos to NE Region!
    phil hunt

Phil, for those of us old enough to remember EMRA that is a good analogy. it is designed to be a little less pressure and a lot more fun.
    we as a club can or should be able to provide a different experience to suit different needs.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I think this is the BEST way to get people a license and get them racing with us! I like it so much I think we should do it at every event so throughout the year people can get signed off to race as they get enough track time!

Great job!
    agreed, this program is a great step in the right direction for the club.
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

@Stephen-strongly agree!! This is a much better way to attract, enroll, and license new people by making it simple as well as available.
    @Dick-if you remember EMRA, then you must remember why the original premise of IT was so potent and why it grew so big, so fast.
    Now see if you can recapture that and club racing will once again attract dreamers like me.
    If you build it, they will come.
    phil hunt

Awesome news. A friend of mine was there and did it. He normally watches his wife race and now he got to give it a shot. They already have to prepped cars, so this is perfect.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

EMRA is still around, guys - http://www.emraracing.org
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Sounds like the 12A-powered 3rd-gen tubeframe RX-7?
    Am I that transparent?
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Dick, I'm sure you're on it but I'm throwing out the questions, "so how do we follow up with these guys?" Feel free to pass on my contact information if they have questions or need help with next steps.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Jeff will you be going to Thompson in October? Maybe you can introduce yourself to the CRE guys in the class room. Or even better maybe you can instruct?
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

thank you Jeff,
    for some this is the next step for some they may want to do regular club racing. of the 11 that ran Sunday 3 had novice permits and used it as an alternate drivers school. But for others they may just want to come back and do it again next time.
    one of the lemons car drivers got signed off and was talking about running ITEZ in October and having his team mate run the car in the CRE.
    my evil secret plan would to be to have a CRE as a run group at every regional next year. people can use it as a path to club racing or just as a more casual place to race.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7