Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lime Rock June 21st

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    #gotit #srf
    Actually been thinking about that. It's one of those "I shoulda done that in back 1984" kinda deals, and have actually regretted it since. I'm wondering if I could get a value-priced one once the formal transition to the new drivetrain starts in earnest...? Truly spec racing, easy to work on, store, and trailer, not a Miata..

It's tempted me as well. Actually sealed engines, pretty fun to drive (only drove the old Renault version), tanks....
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Branscomb has shown the type r can be very competitive it ITR... DO IT :-)

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    He said he was going to put in a junk yard motor and run
    Abhi - Thought about a junk yard motor but could find the time to install. Also thinking about joining Greg in STL with a VTEC - decisions, decisons. Disappointed I won't be racing with you all today, but, I am dusting off the street Meotta and coming up to chill on the hill and cheer you guys on. Have a great day of racing - looks wonderful - be safe.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Congrats to Dave G for killing ITA today. Track record pace!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Congrats to Dave G for killing ITA today. Track record pace!
    Agreed. Dave Gran was in a class by himself this weekend in ITA.

Putting it on overall pole against a few pretty quick Prod cars is an accomplishment !!
    He did not put a wheel wrong all weekend. (Other than being asleep at the switch at the start of the Sat afternoon race )
    Dave... After all the struggles you have had developing this car, you definitely deserve it !!

Abhi
    Abhi Ghatak
    1995 ITA Miata by Kessler Engineering
    2012 NERRC ITA Champion
    2013 NERRC ITA Champion

He did not put a wheel wrong all weekend.
    HA!!! Minus the four wheels off in the downhill, almost using the escape road in big bend (during qual) and having stewards come up to me and say... "you spun three times! you're not going to do that again, right?" I told them I didn't spin, I only went off in the downhill and kinda pushed it too hard into T1.

Really appreciate it though and wished you didn't waive me by since it was for 1st place. Looking forward to playing with you out there soon. Yes, overall was totally awesome! I cherished that warm up lap, trust me. Seriously loving the group that I chose and running with people like Abhi.

At the start, I saw the car behind me slow up to build a gap and get a run. Didn't know what to do. Drop back too? Couldn't go faster since the pole was controlling the start. As expected, he and others came up on me. Maybe I was asleep? Will post video to learn from.
    Dave Gran

As T&S chief, I really didn't want to upset the applecart and bring the car too. However, it looks like everyone had a good time in group 4. The comments I'm looking forward to are fromEd Funk. He was in the podium, then... something happened? then worked his way back and retook toward the end of the race. All of that after starting from the back in the morning with no qualifying time from Friday. Paging Ed...
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

Stayed on the beach at Block Island until late Friday PM, cut the vaca short by one day to be at LRP for Saturday. Sat. AM race was fun! Until I caught a E Prod Datsun who was strong on the straights and parked it on the line in the corners. As it was we were gaining on Abhi in 2nd but ran out of laps. In the process I apparently incurred the wrath of a couple of IT 7 drivers who I caught and lapped on the down hill on the last lap, they were fighting over 2nd in class and felt that I had screwed with their race. Sorry guys, but when there is a 6 second difference in lap times it's really difficult to determine if 2 cars I'm catching are racing or if one is lapping the other.

The PM race went not according to plan, I had to lift to keep from hitting Abhi just as the green dropped...so not a stellar start! Didn't get by the Datsun either...damnit! Thought I'd stay as close to Abhi and Dave as I could and take advantage if they were racing each other too hard...but Abhi waved Dave by, and Dave waved bye bye. Don't know if the Datsun driver couldn't see me or if he just enjoyed "racing" drivers whose fast lap was 1.3 seconds faster than his. He took me to the grass on a couple occasions when I had my nose to his door! Finally managed to force the issue by double apexing the left hander and driving away. Caught the F prod MGB and worked a couple laps to get him at Big Bend just before the yellow came out for Pat's whoopsie in Big Bend...ended up parked backwards in the grass on the inside to avoid hitting her...watched the MGB and the Datsun and Denise in the next ITA car drive by along with maybe a couple others. Caught Denise on the front straight and she pointed me by instead of racing me! Thanks! Managed to work back up to Abhi and drafted him down the straight to the checker. Loaded the car on the trailer unbroken, undented and didn't visit Greg in contact impound, though MANY others did! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    Last edited by Ed Funk; 06-22-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: To change the 7 second to 6 second difference in lap times....subtraction is hard.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Until I caught a E Prod Datsun
    OMG, Killing me!!! I so didn't trust that driver and watching the video, for good reason. I finally said I'm going along side of you, don't care if I'm a jerk and pushing you outside T1 while outbraking you.

In reality, it was a smart move by Abhi and good drive. If we played, that Funky guy would have been there.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Nothing significant. Idle paddock talk #aretheranyclassesleftwithoutMiataeinthembesidesFV
    [whisper] He's found out about our Grand Secret Plan. Now we have to kill him. [/whisper]
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Yeah, watched on the Hill with the other non participants. Yes, Dave was in a class by himself. Really Dave? You wish Abhi hadnt pointed you by?? LOL you were running over 2 seconds a lap faster!! Abhi's a smart guy, why hold both of you up?

Didnt see much action in Big Bend and the Esses. All the action apparently was on the back side........
    But what a PERFECT day for watching or racing.

Ian's new ride in ITB is very fast.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

^ what he said.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    ...Finally managed to force the issue by double apexing the left hander and driving away.

I'll say! That was one hell of a pass! You were obviously putting to use the Civic hatchback's negative rear overhang...
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member