Thread: Video from NJMP WC races

Default Video from NJMP WC races

Just wanted to post a link to my video from the race this last weekend, Thanks to all those that helped.
    Round 5 has good action the first half, round 6 other then traffic not alot going on

this is the you tube page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDK...aWIzPQQ1gH-UMg

Kevin Anderson
    Kevin Anderson

Thanks Kevin - Congrats again!

Could you explain this?

"Second in TC for the second consecutive race was Kevin Anderson, of Huntington Station, N.Y., in the No. 23 TechSportRacing.com Mazda RX-8. Anderson started second but lost the position to a fast-starting Emilee Tominovich, of Laurel, Md., in the No. 19 Emich Racing Volkswagen Jetta GLI. Contact between the two on Lap 4 knocked Tominovich out of the position; Anderson was penalized 20 points for the incident."

Maybe I should just watch the video...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

two races over the weekend round 5 and round 6. took 2nd in both races.
    The incident was kind of BS. IT was more of a racing incident but more my fault. Just not sure how she spun, it was slight contact. they also fined me $1000 for the contact.
    The very next lap that i was no longer behind her I picked up 2 seconds. I was losing so much time that I couldnt really wait to be patient. Lost 5 seconds to the leader in those first four laps stuck behind her. I did eventually close up the gap to the leader to around 2 seconds
    Last edited by kevin22; 06-04-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    Kevin Anderson

Congrats on the 2nd place finishes, Kevin. Big Debut! You put in a great qualifying lap and drove great races. What happened at the standing start for the saturday race, missed shift or hit the rev-limiter? Not bad for your first standing starts, either way.

I don't think you deserved that much of a penalty for the contact with the VW, 1k fine is a bit excessive. You made her take a defensive line through T6 and got a run going into the braking zone of T7. She knew you were coming and decided too late to shut the door. She would have been better served by taking a defensive line into T7 as well. You tried to back out and drove over the curb to avoid but she turned down too fast (which is why she spun). She certainly could have left a bit more room for you to work with knowing you were looking inside, it was almost a chop. In the officials eyes, you probably needed another foot or so of overlap under braking and then it would have been more her fault than yours. Tough lesson, I guess the series has to come down on the new guy to make sure it won't become a pattern.
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net

The 2nd gear synchros went on Friday. It was really hard to get it into gear.

Exactly what I was told, They are tough on new guys to let them know who is boss
    Kevin Anderson

You were comin' and the other driver should have known. But from a lawyerin perspective you owned it more. Overzelous penalty for the incident no doubt!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Agreed. You were clearly much faster so 'accept being passed' had to come into play sooner rather than later. Great drives, Kevin, we all were really proud of the job you did and impressed. Feel good.