Thread: 2004-2008 RX8 in ITR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not sure how much power kevin has but I am thinking if you can get 200 at the wheels you'll be in good shape however in pro it a few of the bmws will be hard to get without getting closer to 215@ the wheels. If your an "8" guy you know that would need an ecu, exhaust, intake and an experienced engine builder.

I think if you can drive you can take advantage of the handling and momentum and you would have some good racing. Not sure it's a pole car compared to the few 100% build bmws here in the north east.

With all that being said... it's reliable, and without spending thousands when you make a miss shift makes it my easy button :-)

Stephen

Where do you live and do u just plan on pro it in NEW England? I am doing the NERRC with a few others, stop buy and we can chat. I well be at Thompson this weekend.

I will tell u what to do about fuel... I dealt with that my first year but problem free since!

Stephen

Hey Stephen B, thanks for the insight. I live right near Watkins Glen. I'd really like to check your car out at some point. I could totally see that it would be down 15-20 HP on the Bimmers. I've done alot of track days with it and it always seems to be comparable lap times to the 328's, that and the 328's are just quicker in a strait line. Anyway, I'll try sending you a PM and we can exchange info.
    Last edited by Tremp31; 06-04-2014 at 02:17 PM.