Thread: 2014 Runoffs at Laguna Seca Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lonny Sheek, purchased his Rx-8 from a guy in Texas, so he might have driven it there before bringing it back to Cali, or the guy in Texas finally decided to drive it before selling it. Lonny told me the guy's son was a Karter and Pops had a fleet of track cars for both Jr and himself. Ultimately the boy went for a FB car, and dad was consolidating the fleet. The car was a nice solid silver.

Agreed on that Greg, it'd be nice if the paddock management gave equal space to all regardless of tow/trailer type. Sadly, the team I spoke of had one totter for the two F-car and the second was pure hospitality.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

We were told in our drivers meeting at Thunderhill a few weeks ago that everyone at the runoffs will absolutely be limited to the same paddock size unless they are willing to pay a premium for more space. I don't remember the exact dimensions we were told, but it wasn't very big. Something like 20x30.

That's great to hear Joe. 20x30 should just be big enough for a pop-up, my truck, and some room for tools. The RV's staying outside of turn 9.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Looks like I may have "spoken" too soon...I have made a verbal agreement to drive an STL Honda Integra at the 2014 Runoffs at Laguna Seca...details to follow once nailed down...

$950 entry fee. Holy f**k.

I see you're in Greg. Are you racing the same motor you had last season? Also in is Tim Linerud, in the GTL Rabbit, and Rylan Hazelton in his STU S-2000.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    I see you're in Greg. Are you racing the same motor you had last season? Also in is Tim Linerud, in the GTL Rabbit, and Rylan Hazelton in his STU S-2000.
    I hate to jinx the deal as it's not yet set in stone, but the plan is to drive Tom Lepper's blue 1993 Integra GS-R, that does have my last year's 1.7L B17A1 engine.

You may recall that Tom popped his 1.7L engine at the 2013 Runoffs. I built one of those engines for my '95 Integra with the hopes that it would be worth the reduced weight, and that's what I went to the Runoffs with. I was less-than-enthused with the results, and since I had brought my 1.8L with me to Road America, and since Tom needed a replacement 1.7L engine eventually, we cut a deal and swapped engines at the track. Made for a good story...

I'm confident that Tom and I can work something out. Laguna Seca is a track I've wanted to run for some time...look forward to seeing you guys there!

- GA

FYI, here's the thread on the Prod party. Rogerson and I will both be there as well as several GTL guys such as (former IT Tim Linerud.

http://prodracing.com/prodcar/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15653

Proceeds go to the worker fund.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter