Thread: 2014 Runoffs at Laguna Seca Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would love to, but towing 3000+ miles each way makes it pretty difficult. I guess you could say that the reason I'm unlikely to go 3/3rds across the country for the Runoffs was the same reasons you didn't go 2/3rds of the way across the country for the Runoffs... But I sincerely hope Kalifornia "brings it" and we have a good event.

We'd always have some one arrange to truck ship a group of cars (in a variety of classes makes and models) or get toeather with a steward to tow it out with their motorhome and cover some fuel costs. As I'd not been to one yet and my car wasn't prepared, it was a sort of chicken/egg. My hope is it builds my racing next season, even if I don't make it to Sebering or Mid-O the year after.

Recognise the blue Integra?

I almost ran over him on Saturday, after he spun in some oil on the other side of a blind bluff turn, but I don't have video of that since my card was full. He says he has your motor in it
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Recognise the blue Integra?....He says he has your motor in it
    Yep! Tom Lepper. Good guy. He's the one we did the madz engine swap with at the Runoffs last year. Short version of story: I built a B17 (1.7L) as an experiment last year (to reduce minimum weight) was not particularly satisfied with the result. Tom's car came with a B17, and he popped the engine on his in qually. I wanted motivation to swap back to my B18 for the race...and thus a match made in heaven. Well, in the paddock at Road America at least...

He has offered to me the opportunity to rent it for the Runoffs. I'm intrigued but not yet willing to commit to the time and expense. But it would certainly be the "easy button" for me to get to drive Laguna Seca.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    He has offered to me the opportunity to rent it for the Runoffs. I'm intrigued but not yet willing to commit to the time and expense. But it would certainly be the "easy button" for me to get to drive Laguna Seca.

GA
    Seriously, you ought to take him up on that. He can always run the BL Toaster in FP. That is if Carl Young can keep the Cobalt togeather.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter