Thread: 2014 Runoffs at Laguna Seca Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2014 Runoffs at Laguna Seca Roll Call

Hey since this is the place for STU/STL to post and not impose on the Prod guys. I thought I start this thread. I finished my 3rd weekend race at the Buttonwillow Majors. I'm qualified, so now the car prep begins.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Highly unlikely that I will be competing. Less - but not completely - unlikely that I could be there for spectating and/or scrutineering purposes...

When it's within 1,000 miles of home and I can possibly afford the time off work, tow costs, and the associated hooplah, then I'll consider going.. Until then, I'm going to stay home and enjoy keeping my marriage intact.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Sorry to hear that Greg. I thought you'd at least be keeping us "cheater" west-coast STU's in line

Matt, make plans now, it's only another 900 miles beyond your target. What about when it's at COTA? Would you go then? Or how about Miller? That'd be right at 1k miles from Houston-ish area.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Would love to, but towing 3000+ miles each way makes it pretty difficult. I guess you could say that the reason I'm unlikely to go 3/3rds across the country for the Runoffs was the same reasons you didn't go 2/3rds of the way across the country for the Runoffs... But I sincerely hope Kalifornia "brings it" and we have a good event.

We'd always have some one arrange to truck ship a group of cars (in a variety of classes makes and models) or get toeather with a steward to tow it out with their motorhome and cover some fuel costs. As I'd not been to one yet and my car wasn't prepared, it was a sort of chicken/egg. My hope is it builds my racing next season, even if I don't make it to Sebering or Mid-O the year after.

Recognise the blue Integra?

I almost ran over him on Saturday, after he spun in some oil on the other side of a blind bluff turn, but I don't have video of that since my card was full. He says he has your motor in it
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Matt, make plans now, it's only another 900 miles beyond your target. What about when it's at COTA? Would you go then? Or how about Miller? That'd be right at 1k miles from Houston-ish area.
    I have many factors that prevent me from making the tow.
    1. 150WHP "STU" car.. why fight for last?
    2. Have our second kid coming in August.
    3. no vacation since I spent it all with the family. 1900 miles is 3 hard days each way, plus a week there. so I need 2 weeks off to make it there and back. I only get 3 weeks of vacation and with reason #2.... yeah.. I like my marriage.
    4. Money. Go back to #2!
    5. trying to get my EP car together, so only money going into the STU car is maintenance. refer to #1.

If/when Runoffs comes to COTA, I'll be there. I plan to have my EP car done by the end of this summer and it will actually be competitive.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    I have many factors that prevent me from making the tow.
    1. 150WHP "STU" car.. why fight for last?
    2. Have our second kid coming in August.
    3. no vacation since I spent it all with the family. 1900 miles is 3 hard days each way, plus a week there. so I need 2 weeks off to make it there and back. I only get 3 weeks of vacation and with reason #2.... yeah.. I like my marriage.
    4. Money. Go back to #2!
    5. trying to get my EP car together, so only money going into the STU car is maintenance. refer to #1.

If/when Runoffs comes to COTA, I'll be there. I plan to have my EP car done by the end of this summer and it will actually be competitive.
    Well in that case there's only one thing to say.....

Congratulations!

Have you had the ultrasounds yet?

As for the racing, we fit it in when we can afford it, so no worries.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter