Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Opening at Thompson

Default Soft Opening at Thompson

Good afternoon all. Well the time has finally come. Registration is now open for the Soft Opening At Thompson. June 6-8. Friday will have 60 cars. Saturday and Sunday will have a total of 125 cars and will be on track at 12pm. Registration is $50 for Friday and $200 for Sat/Sun.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

"Alcohol - No alcohol may be consumed in the paddock or garage areas from 15 minutes after the end of on-track activity until 10PM".

Sooo...you can't drink after the races unless you wait until after 10PM? If so, that is decisively in direct contrast to:

"Quiet Time: 10PM to 7AM"

Supps typo...?

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    "Alcohol - No alcohol may be consumed in the paddock or garage areas from 15 minutes after the end of on-track activity until 10PM"

GA
    Can you drink alcohol throughout the day in the paddock or garage as long as you finish your beer by 14:59 minutes after the last run group?

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

"Alcohol - No alcohol may be consumed in the paddock or garage areas from 15 minutes after the end of on-track activity until 10PM".

Sooo...you can't drink after the races unless you wait until after 10PM? If so, that is decisively in direct contrast to:

"Quiet Time: 10PM to 7AM"

Supps typo...?

GA
    and the sound of 125 New Englanders deleting their registration could be heard from throughout the land!
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

sweet you guys actually read the full supps.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Quote Originally Posted by Raceman77 View Post
    sweet you guys actually read the full supps.
    It said "alcohol". Of course I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    Can you drink alcohol throughout the day in the paddock or garage as long as you finish your beer by 14:59 minutes after the last run group?
    Wait...wut? You mean we can't do that normally...?

There goes my bravery (and talent...)
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 05-13-2014 at 05:38 PM.

How does the Friday test work? I see 3 groups, do they just rotate through the day? And is it $50 for the whole day, or is that per session? I may come just for that, I have other stuff on Saturday and Sunday.

W

*No option for just Friday reg, is it only for sat/sun participants?
    Last edited by webhound; 05-13-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Friday test is open wheel , big bore , and small bore rotating through. please keep in mind this is to make sure things are all in the correct places. flagging stations and things. we will be having drivers meetings to get feed back. we are hoping that Saturday and sunday we can run as close to a race weekend as we can. there are no points for this. there will be 60 cars for Friday. those 60 will be included for Saturday and sunday as well. we will have an additional 65 cars come in Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. for a total of 125. there is no option for just Friday.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

So it's not just a test and tune? Not so sure that I want to enjoy my first time out on track racing others who also haven't been there before. But as Greg says, I need to reserve a seat at T1 for the SM race!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

It is going to be a casual testing-like atmosphere. The primary - sole - goal of the weekend is for learning about the track, about the management, about the facilities, and for us to give enormous amount of feedback to the track regarding safety improvements and "the SCCA way". We are the beta testers, with the ultimate goal to find and resolve any "bugs" so that the first official race weekend goes smooth as silk. It is officially sanctioned as a race weekend for insurance purposes only.

From my perspective, if I'm involved with managing Contact Impound I can assure you that it won't be as casual - or as quick - an encounter as you get on "regular" race weekends. I have no authority in the matter to enforce it, but I strongly suggest that anyone driving aggressively and/or trying to "win" this test weekend may find themselves being asked to work a corner for a couple sessions...or find themselves being asked to leave.

The #1 most important note in the Supps:

"RESULTS and TROPHIES – This weekend is a testing event. There will be no trophies or points awarded. No track records will be established. Times will be posted for information only."

Can't even win an ashtray with this one...

'Nuff said?
    GA

Can't even win an ashtray with this one...

'Nuff said?
    GA
    Sounds good. I'm looking forward to helping us all figure out how to best run a race weekend there.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

I would suggest not even posting times.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    doesn't matter what you want. we will be working out the bugs of the timing and other support systems.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Well of course I know that it doesn't matter what I want or suggest. I do think racers will see the times posted and go from there.
    Dave Gran

Approximately when will entrants be notified if they're accepted into the event? Just curious. Quick read through supps and I didn't see it mentioned. And yes Grumpy Pants will tell me that we'll know when they decide to tell us.
    Dave Gran

we will let all know as soon as we can.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

we will be letting you know this weekend about Thompson. we do still have openings for all 3 days.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

From my perspective, if I'm involved with managing Contact Impound I can assure you that it won't be as casual - or as quick - an encounter as you get on "regular" race weekends. I have no authority in the matter to enforce it, but I strongly suggest that anyone driving aggressively and/or trying to "win" this test weekend may find themselves being asked to work a corner for a couple sessions...or find themselves being asked to leave.
    Don't penalize us poor F&C workers with a pissed off driver!! Make them work tech for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I suggest posting times at the end of the day so everyone can talk about it over beers. (You know, the ones that aren't flowing until 10pm.) I would want to know just for grins. Otherwise run the event like a normal weekend except for the last act of posting the times on the wall.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Entry list?
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Not published. But everyone that signed up is "in".

I'll be there, switch-hitting between on-track, stewarding, and Tech. Staying on-site in the trailer in Racer Central.