As Matt said, Qual for ITA on Saturday morning was in the rain. Traffic was pretty heavy with the large car count and recent school grads. I thought I had a solid lap down and traffic was getting worse so I came in mid-way thru the session. Jeff Lawton stayed out until the end and bested me by by more than a second. He got pole for the the afternoon race with me in 3rd.

In the afternoon race, Jeff Lawton got together with the Blethens 3-wide in turn 3 on the first lap which made for an interesting start. Matt Miskoe and I had some fun racing, but I was dealing with a motor that was running hot and I kept having to duck out of traffic to get some cooler air. I ended up 2nd with a new T4 BRZ taking first. Matt Miskoe and Abhi were behind me.

In the cooler weather this morning I had no cooling issues and managed to put down a 1:15.874 and won the race. As Matt said, the race ended under caution. Robert Blake and Matt Miskoe (ITS) were 2nd/3rd with Matt Rowe and Abhi in 4th/5th.

I started from pole for the last race but didn't start as well as I could have and both Matt and Abhi got by me by turn 3. Traffic and a repeat of the overheating left me in 3rd overall in ITA. Blake/Lawton in the ITS RX7 took 1/2 and Abhi and Matt in ITA took 3/4. Matt Miskoe and I had some more fun racing but the cooling problems left me a bit behind. He finished ahead of me in 5th overall.

It was a fun weekend and I'm looking forward to the soft open at Thompson in a couple of weeks, and also the installation of a new radiator tomorrow!