Thread: Memorial Day NHMS 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice write up!!! Have fun at LRP!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

well all in all things went well. thanks to the workers for there work in the rain and all the operational people that were in place. great job by all. also thanks to mazza vineyards of Pa for being the sponsor for the NE Divisional Series. www.mazzawines.com
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Crap, I forgot to talk about the operation of the weekend. Very challenging during the school for workers and students. Great group of students, probably the best over all attitudes of any of the years........... Except the guy (I forgot what he drove) that made fun of Dave and Doug's camper......... he almost didn't get signed off......... But everyone did a great job of staying within their limits. Tough conditions all around.

I cant say enough about the workers who had to stand in it all day long........... and then the next morning They are awesome for the support they gave us.

JB did an awesome job! Great weekend operationally. Thanks JB!! And over all "niceness" of all the volunteers was above and beyond. Registration, tech, stewards. NER is top notch!!

Also a good job with the hot pulls. We could have easily spent twice as many laps under full course yellow but those guys were on their game.

And thanks to the IT7 guys for the entertainment! On and off the track!! And thank you Dan for being patient with me despite my on-track problems. (I hope I'm not ruining your reputation) Don't worry, Jamie gave me a ration of shit every time she saw me to make up for it!! LOL
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

It did seem to go well considering the friggin rain. I ended up working tech for the school Thursday night and Saturday as no one else could. a few of you gave me a hand Thursday night which i appreciate but i really want to thank Denise Van Buren for helping me all Friday morning. I am sure i could not of kept up without her.
    Dave Lapoint showed up Friday night to chief the rest of the weekend and i am grateful.
    Group two Saturday qualifying sucked, no so much sucked as it seemed like ice. too stiff a car and too hard a tire and i was slowwwwww. 8th out of 10 in class i think. thank god there were two newbies to beat.
    The afternoon race went well. Fair start, Buchello's car laid down a bit, Lavigne missed a shift, JB slipped up a little in 6. some fun with Denise and a Branscome and Raymond Blethen and I are moving up and i am catching Drew in the second place 7. Drew does not see me hiding behind the Audi. this is going to be good.
    then going thru turn three a big bump, a quick spin and i am stuck in the middle of the track. left rear wheel had parted company. one stud pulled out of the axle and the other three broke in sympathy.
    sorry to everyone for shortening your race. see you all at Thompson.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

From a new guys perspective the weekend was great, school in the rain was a real eye opener, thanks to the instructors and every one in the paddock that gave me advice, I learned a ton and had a blast...super special thanks to the It7 guys, you all made my first race weekend the most enjoyable experience it could have possibly been!
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Here is the URL for the Memorial Weekend photos. I'm transitioning my site and this is a quick and dirty gallery.

http://abudiphotography.com/pa/lr/NHMS-May-24-25-2014/

As a newbie to the track, I was in relatively happy with the weekend. My dad passed the school, but needs another school before his license. The torrential rain really messed with him, as all he got was mist on the windshield. As for my own racing, thanks to all the leaders for not running me over as I was being lapped (again, and again). I got faster in almost every session, until the Sunday afternoon race where I just hung around my morning quick time (but much more consistent). The other highlight, I wasn't last!
    I installed some new brakes over the winter and what I found out was that they are really strong, but touchy. In the hairpin at 3, I had a couple lockups, one I'm sure which caused some commotion at the corner station, as I missed the concrete by about 6 inches. What it is telling me is I need more tire, or at least not super old heat cycled tires. Look forward to running with you guys again.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

Quote Originally Posted by YusufA View Post
    Here is the URL for the Memorial Weekend photos. I'm transitioning my site and this is a quick and dirty gallery.

Once again, spectacular pictures! Thank you! I really like the ones over looking the speedway with the clouds (I'm assuming that was Sunday)
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by YusufA View Post

Thanks for sharing! Some amazing shots there!
    #08 ITA/STL Miata