It did seem to go well considering the friggin rain. I ended up working tech for the school Thursday night and Saturday as no one else could. a few of you gave me a hand Thursday night which i appreciate but i really want to thank Denise Van Buren for helping me all Friday morning. I am sure i could not of kept up without her.
Dave Lapoint showed up Friday night to chief the rest of the weekend and i am grateful.
Group two Saturday qualifying sucked, no so much sucked as it seemed like ice. too stiff a car and too hard a tire and i was slowwwwww. 8th out of 10 in class i think. thank god there were two newbies to beat.
The afternoon race went well. Fair start, Buchello's car laid down a bit, Lavigne missed a shift, JB slipped up a little in 6. some fun with Denise and a Branscome and Raymond Blethen and I are moving up and i am catching Drew in the second place 7. Drew does not see me hiding behind the Audi. this is going to be good.
then going thru turn three a big bump, a quick spin and i am stuck in the middle of the track. left rear wheel had parted company. one stud pulled out of the axle and the other three broke in sympathy.
sorry to everyone for shortening your race. see you all at Thompson.