Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day NHMS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    Are you going to come out and play at NHMS?
    Sounds like all the Miatae are setting up a play date. Do you guys have adequate supervision? Don't forget your lunches and bring a windbreaker just in case. And tie your shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    Silver ?

Doesn't that show dents ?

Are you going to come out and play at NHMS?

Abhi
    Dave's car is Silver IIRC.

I'm all for a full group. A good packed field is my biggest motivation for heading up there. As long as people racing out of class don't mess up a class race.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

So what is the plan for group 2? Will ITS and ITR be split into the big bore group at the end of the day? Or will we just be split into two groups?

Stephen

Why would it need to change? The number is still well within max allowed for the track.

And even if it were changed, how would you do it, keeping in mind that many within that group are double-dipping in other groups? I suppose we could move ITR to Big Bore at the end of the day...

This is why we have Club Racing Board meetings...to decide this stuff before we get to the track.

Winter is over. Time to stop whining, time to go racing.

GA, still the only non-Miata in his race group...yet still not whining about it. Yet.
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 05-14-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ... still the only non-Miata in his race group...yet still not whining about it. Yet.

not so kemosabe ... check the Sunday only registrations at the bottom

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    not so kemosabe ... check the Sunday only registrations at the bottom
    Sweeeeet!

I am not whining, I WANT to stay in group 2. Based on the past history I can see it being moved. Just trying to get a feel what JB would be thinking of doing. I think we are only 4 cars from max (42 @ NHMS?)

i heard some scuttlebut last night that if group 2 is over subscribed ITB could be moved to group 4. likely the least trauma move.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I Love the idea of most (missing ITC) of the IT cars all running together! I liked this a lot when it came out last year. with only 20 or so cars in a run group you can easily be running alone. With 30+ cars we should all have someone to race with as long as everyone is smart on the start! I see no reason to splt out any classes unless we reach the track max

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I agree, the only session that it is a pain is qualifying shooting for the clean lap but in the race i always thought a full track was more fun.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

So now that I've got the debate going on switching up the run groups............

So I'm guessing the IT7 paddock area is the place to be.............. Do I need a password or special handshake to get in?? Oh wait, I forgot who I'm dealing with.......... just bring some food or alcohol and i should be good!!
    Last edited by JLawton; 05-16-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Interesting fact..... about 50% of all entries including SRF and open wheel cars are mazdas... never really looked before someone just mentioned this to me but not surprised either.

Stephen

At some point you truly do realize that resistance is futile...look at the number of people in this thread alone that have left "other viable options" and bought a Miata...

Just so everyone knows, I have always run a Mazda Products. And after a brief stint in the car that shall remain nameless, I went back to where it all began.

Yes I owned and raced a Miata, Now I race Mazdas first sports cars with a proper sounding engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anlY8Lve60g
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    So now that I've got the debate going on switching up the run groups............

So I'm guessing the IT7 paddock area is the place to be.............. Do I need a password or special handshake to get in?? Oh wait, I forgot who I'm dealing with.......... just bring some food or alcohol and i should be good!!
    gotta run in the 20's to be accepted.
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Quote Originally Posted by georgethefierce View Post
    gotta run in the 20's to be accepted.
    In a IT7 car or anything?

I did 1:20.8 last week on the chicane/chicane config :-)
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

i agree to keep everybody together as long as we dont go over but cant we get an extension of cars on track? as stated qualifying might be a little tough but the large field to race in will be fun!! See u all at the track!!!
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    i heard some scuttlebut last night that if group 2 is over subscribed ITB could be moved to group 4. likely the least trauma move.
    That won't work very well already 32 cars in that group!
    Jerry
    NER South

What does racing a Miata have to do with a run group conversation? Maybe this is the year the converts will go faster in their 'new' cars than they did in there non-Mazda products! LOL

Bottom line? If the IT guys can't make the numbers to break out the groups than I think it's kinds cool to have the whole class in a group. ITA has been spoiled for a long time being the 'fastest' class on paper in their group so it's time to gave some fun with faster cars.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Back in the day, (1979 RX-7) didn't we all run together ?????long time ago