Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day NHMS 2014

The gate is always open jeff. we don't lock anyone out. we just shun them. you know where we are at. just do paddock in my spot.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Bummer, up to 46 entries now so if anyone is running the school and gets signed off we will have even more. Looks likely a split is very likely at this point

Stephen

Come play in The Other Miata Sandbox with me and Glenn.

I could but then I would be in stu all alone

Does anyone know how long the sessions are on the school day, and how many sessions we are having throughout the day? I though I read it somewhere but can't find it.

It's great to see that run group coming back up to speed. Having too many entries is a good problem to have for the Region!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

test session I think are 20 minute sessions. $25 per session. pre pay at registration
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Not sure how the IT7 guys feel but from a purely spectating standpoint, I would love to see SM and IT7 together with a split start...

If group 2 is to big, please start by removing T4 going forward (the entire year!). I am not a fan of that class with IT cars, they are terrible in the turns but fast in a straight line with big brakes. Guaranteed to be an issue on the start/turn 3. I don't see why they are not with T3 and the other cars that are similar.

- Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 05-19-2014 at 08:00 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I think we should give the Blethans and Friends their own race group.

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Not sure how the IT7 guys feel but from a purely spectating standpoint, I would love to see SM and IT7 together with a split start...

If group 2 is to big, please start by removing T4 going forward (the entire year!). I am not a fan of that class with IT cars, they are terrible in the turns but fast in a straight line with big brakes. Guaranteed to be an issue on the start/turn 3. I don't see why they are not with T3 and the other cars that are similar.

- Raymond
    "We don't want them In our group"....put them with the Miatas!
    Jerry
    NER South

What's considered "good" for over all attendance? It looks like all the groups are well subscribed except for the one. And the school seems to have more students than we've had in a few years.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I think we should give the Blethans and Friends their own race group.
    No need for that! I only have 1 or 2 friends .

T4 in this group doesnt make sense IMO... keep catagogies together.

The IT7 guys are the current hero's IMO... They have taken a car that had passed its life expectancy and brought them back with a bigger field than they have ever had. As I said, not sure how they feel... Part of me wants to see how they stack up to the ITB cars, and I would love to run with them but part of me wants to watch as well!!! I suggested SM because it would be a large, two class field that could easily be a split start with good racing!

- Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    The IT7 guys are the current hero's IMO...not sure how they feel...
    IT7s are the Honey Badgers of SCCA: they don’t give a s**t.

I would love to see our group stay together, lots of cars equals lots of racing! I was just concerned we would get over subscribed and wondered what class would get pulled out if one did. Looking forward to this weekend! If I can break away from my little one I can help it with annuals Friday night if you need it. (Not licensed tech inspector just willing to be a grunt if I am free)

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    IT7s are the Honey Badgers of SCCA: they don’t give a s**t.
    That's not fair. It's not that they don't give a s**t, they just can't hear any of the comments.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

I vote, ITR to big bore :-)
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by matt rowe View Post
    that's not fair. It's not that they don't give a s**t, they just can't hear any of the comments.
    what!!!
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    I vote, ITR to big bore :-)
    Actually moving R and S to big bore would be better balance. Big Bore is small, 13 and S & R adds 14. brings group 2 down to 31
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

In response to Stephen. I am not a fan of all the IT cars together for the plain and simple fact that I wont get to watch friends in the other classes race. We enjoy getting out and then going to watch the Angry B's and the other IT classes. Thats one of the reasons we all became involved in the sport, to watch races. If I were king, IT7 would go to 6 with SM and split the start. Or at least the grid.
    This unfortunatly wont work this weekend as the IT7 Class is Chairing the event along with some of them doing Tech and Stewards duties. We wouldnt be able to get some duties accomplished if we were to be moved that late in the schedule.

On the other hand, here comes TRAFFIC MAN!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dano77; 05-21-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Yeah, I don't know why all the complaints. I *enjoy* racing in mixed-class traffic, it brings in a whole different set of skills and tactics -- and fun

Don't like racing in mixed-class traffic? Well, maybe Spec Miata, SRF, FV - or maybe HPDE? - beckons you.

GA, wishing he was back racing in ITA this weekend...in something other than a Miata...

Edit: what's the max on-track limit for NHMS, with waivers? If that number is exceeded - and I'd shoot for the waiver first - then I recommend moving out whatever group has the smallest number required to meet that waivered limit. Right now that means either T4 (2 cars) and/or ITS (3 cars). If, however, the decision is based on moving someone to Big Bore based on speeds, it would make more sense to move the fastest class, ITR (7 cars).
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 05-21-2014 at 09:00 AM.

ITS is 3 Both Days + 2 Sunday = 5 cars

The current roster is 47 ... Class Totals: IT7: 10, ITA: 16, ITB: 7, ITR: 7, ITS: 3+2= 5, T4: 2

The limit before waiver is 1.6mi x 25cars/mi = 40

The limit after waiver is ???

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010