Thread: Memorial Day NHMS 2014

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    why do they suck? Mixed racing is great, especially when there is a speed difference. Reality is though ITB/SM are way to close in speeds after you get past the first 5 or so SM's.
    "Mixed racing is great"...as long as I don't have to deal with any other cars outside my class.

"ITB/SM are way to close in speeds after you get past the first 5 or so SM's" Reality check: ALL "xxx" classes are close in speed once you get past the first five or so "YYY" cars. That's the nature of mixed-class amateur racing! The comparative speeds are FAR more dependent on the nuts behind the wheel, which tend to reach a certain level of equilibrium, regardless of what's attached to the other end of that steering column. If you don't like that, then I respectfully suggest you find a race group where all the cars are in the same class. Then you can whine about their relative level of skills or prep level instead...

"I left ProIT in ITB simply because they didn't split the start with SM". You're no longer racing with SM. And yet you're still not happy. So what's it gonna take...? Your own discrete race group? No, wait, you guys want to be the fastest cars on the track, regardless of classes in the group. Hey, I won ITB!

Less whining, more racing. Bullshit stops when the green flag drops.

GA, who's laughing quite literally out loud at that "well, you've never been in **MY** shoes" comment, especially given he just finished the NJMP 13 hour race driving The. Slowest. Car. On. The. Track...noting he finished roughly halfway up the roster in that slow-ass car within that awesome "fast group" (a result which, I suggest, is FAR more rewarding than finishing near - but not quite "at" - the top in a fast car)...and has many god-knows-how-many-enduro-hours behind the wheel of ITB cars - hey, wait a sec, isn't that the class you used to race in...? Not to mention - but he will - three decades racing in SSC, SSB, SSA, ITC, ITB, ITA, ITS, STL (did I miss any...?), none of which, as far as he can remember, run in race groups consisting only of their class...dunno, maybe the situations are, well, you know, different...?

Edited to add appropriate smilies, before this s**t gets too serious. Green Flag > Bullshit. Checkered Flag: even better.
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 05-21-2014 at 10:27 PM.