Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
Please don't consider this a "threat", just a statement of fact that should be considered

I agree it seems to make the most sense. However, Bob Blake and I have no interest in running big bore by ourselves,
and so if ITS is moved to Group 7, neither of us will double dip, and we will both run STL in Group 4.... Others in the
same situation may or may not do the same thing, you will have to ask them.

We are really really looking forward to racing the whole ITA IT7 big race, and hope that it gets split out differently.
My vote? ... Move ITB (7) and T4 (2) to SM and T3 in Group 6 (26 + 7 + 2 = 35)

glenn and Bob are probably not alone... Having ITS/ITR run in big bore has proven to be a failure at Summit (?) from what I remember. I do not think that grouping is attractive to those competitors. Like it or not, there is some enjoyment of running the fastest car in a race group. That is an attraction to those classes and if you change that it WILL reduce car counts in that class. You might think that is lame but it is the truth, and I think it is reasonable. I have run for years in ITB and while fun, it is a blast when I have run in ITR and Lemons Races and been able to pass people at will. I know for me when my car gets done I would probably try my best not to run with big bore...

next issue... Nobody seems to want to run with Miatas, but guess whait, this class is! They have just changed the class on the side of the car to ITA! We should all respect who we are racing with no matter the class. Fix the issue with expecting the stewards to do a split start like it should be (IMO).

I really hope with probable no shows that they wait until after registration confirmation at track or qualifying to split it, if needed. Otherwise in a perfect world, who WANTS to be in another group?

Raymond "I don't mind being with SM as long as it is a split start. Wish I was racing with my brother but I can't get everything I want!" Blethen

PS: how awesome is it that we are debating this for a race at NHMS!!!!!