Thread: Memorial Day NHMS 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    IT7s are the Honey Badgers of SCCA: they don’t give a s**t.
    That's not fair. It's not that they don't give a s**t, they just can't hear any of the comments.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

I vote, ITR to big bore :-)
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    I vote, ITR to big bore :-)
    Actually moving R and S to big bore would be better balance. Big Bore is small, 13 and S & R adds 14. brings group 2 down to 31
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

In response to Stephen. I am not a fan of all the IT cars together for the plain and simple fact that I wont get to watch friends in the other classes race. We enjoy getting out and then going to watch the Angry B's and the other IT classes. Thats one of the reasons we all became involved in the sport, to watch races. If I were king, IT7 would go to 6 with SM and split the start. Or at least the grid.
    This unfortunatly wont work this weekend as the IT7 Class is Chairing the event along with some of them doing Tech and Stewards duties. We wouldnt be able to get some duties accomplished if we were to be moved that late in the schedule.

On the other hand, here comes TRAFFIC MAN!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dano77; 05-21-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Yeah, I don't know why all the complaints. I *enjoy* racing in mixed-class traffic, it brings in a whole different set of skills and tactics -- and fun

Don't like racing in mixed-class traffic? Well, maybe Spec Miata, SRF, FV - or maybe HPDE? - beckons you.

GA, wishing he was back racing in ITA this weekend...in something other than a Miata...

Edit: what's the max on-track limit for NHMS, with waivers? If that number is exceeded - and I'd shoot for the waiver first - then I recommend moving out whatever group has the smallest number required to meet that waivered limit. Right now that means either T4 (2 cars) and/or ITS (3 cars). If, however, the decision is based on moving someone to Big Bore based on speeds, it would make more sense to move the fastest class, ITR (7 cars).
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 05-21-2014 at 09:00 AM.

ITS is 3 Both Days + 2 Sunday = 5 cars

The current roster is 47 ... Class Totals: IT7: 10, ITA: 16, ITB: 7, ITR: 7, ITS: 3+2= 5, T4: 2

The limit before waiver is 1.6mi x 25cars/mi = 40

The limit after waiver is ???

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

not sure I understand Glenn, you would not be alone, you would be with ITR and ITS cars. the reason I think that makes sense is there are so few Big Bore cars. also if I was making the call (and I am not) I would want to make one simple move rather that reshuffle cars to different places.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Did anyone else notice the Fiat 500 Abarth registered for ITE? That is the perfect car for ITEZ as he is just gonna get run over in ITE.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    Hi Dick ... what I meant by alone was a few slow cars (us) in a field of fast cars (big bore) ... my suggestion was also one simple move (ITB+T4) > Group 6
    i understand and it is not my decision but group 7, big bore only has 14 cars and group 6 has 25 and they are friggin Miatas
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

The limit after waiver is ???
    10%...?

10%...?
    6.4.1 General

A. 1 car in a class shall constitute a class. A car may not compete in
    more than one race class in the same race group.

B. Number of Cars allowed on Course

A maximum of 25 cars per mile may be on the course or started
    simultaneously in any type of session.

The Division’s Executive Steward may increase or decrease the 25
    car limitation for any or all race groups.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Please don't consider this a "threat", just a statement of fact that should be considered

I agree it seems to make the most sense. However, Bob Blake and I have no interest in running big bore by ourselves,
    and so if ITS is moved to Group 7, neither of us will double dip, and we will both run STL in Group 4.... Others in the
    same situation may or may not do the same thing, you will have to ask them.

We are really really looking forward to racing the whole ITA IT7 big race, and hope that it gets split out differently.
    My vote? ... Move ITB (7) and T4 (2) to SM and T3 in Group 6 (26 + 7 + 2 = 35)

glenn and Bob are probably not alone... Having ITS/ITR run in big bore has proven to be a failure at Summit (?) from what I remember. I do not think that grouping is attractive to those competitors. Like it or not, there is some enjoyment of running the fastest car in a race group. That is an attraction to those classes and if you change that it WILL reduce car counts in that class. You might think that is lame but it is the truth, and I think it is reasonable. I have run for years in ITB and while fun, it is a blast when I have run in ITR and Lemons Races and been able to pass people at will. I know for me when my car gets done I would probably try my best not to run with big bore...

next issue... Nobody seems to want to run with Miatas, but guess whait, this class is! They have just changed the class on the side of the car to ITA! We should all respect who we are racing with no matter the class. Fix the issue with expecting the stewards to do a split start like it should be (IMO).

I really hope with probable no shows that they wait until after registration confirmation at track or qualifying to split it, if needed. Otherwise in a perfect world, who WANTS to be in another group?

Raymond "I don't mind being with SM as long as it is a split start. Wish I was racing with my brother but I can't get everything I want!" Blethen

PS: how awesome is it that we are debating this for a race at NHMS!!!!!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

"I'm all for moving classes, just not mine!"
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    "I'm all for moving classes, just not mine!"
    Yup, me too!

Add to that:

"Hey, I like everyone to be in the same group! But can we split them all out into little starting sub-groups?"

Split starts/grids suck. If you don't like being mixed in with those other cars, drive faster!

GA, still not whining about being with all the Miatas....yet.

OK, I'm looking at the weather, I'm old and am pussying out........... Anyone need a garage mate?

(truth is, I have someone who's coming for their first race weekend and want to make it as pleasant as possible...... )
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Yup, me too!

Add to that:

"Hey, I like everyone to be in the same group! But can we split them all out into little starting sub-groups?"

Split starts/grids suck. If you don't like being mixed in with those other cars, drive faster!

GA, still not whining about being with all the Miatas....yet.
    why do they suck? Mixed racing is great, especially when there is a speed difference. Reality is though ITB/SM are way to close in speeds after you get past the first 5 or so SM's. no matter how fast I drive the Audi I will be fighting with someone who should be faster and... Never-mind. If you don't get it, you haven't been in my shoes and you won't understand. Split start when racing a "spec" class makes it far more enjoyable for all, especially when the fast class is the spec class.

Raymond "I left ProIT in ITB simply because they didn't split the start with SM... It's not fun for me" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by matt rowe View Post
    that's not fair. It's not that they don't give a s**t, they just can't hear any of the comments.
    what!!!
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7