Thread: Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races

Default Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races

Had a hard winter? .... Tired of all that snow on the ground? ... Miserable from that last Polar Vortex? ...Do ya have Cabin Fever??? ... Well there is good news on the way --> Racing is back!

The Jersey Racing Board (Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions) will be conducting the first NARRC / NYSRRC / NJRRS championship series event of the season at Pocono Raceway on 10-11 May. The event is the annual Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races celebrating our friends Joe and Linda who perished on 9/11. The event is a double sanctioned weekend featuring the traditional three race format. It will utilize the newly repaved and enhanced North-South Combined Course which debuted last year.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site

Supps and Schedule ... Register ... Entry List

The weekend will also feature the Round 1 of the Fidelity Power Systems Pro IT Series back for its seventh year.

Pro IT Register ... Pro IT Entry List

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 04-20-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: update Supps link

Is there a test day before this event?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by def7 View Post
    Is there a test day before this event?
    Unfortunately, there will be no SCCA test day on Friday due a variety of circumstances. Sorry

See ya at the races

Terry

Terry

Will there be any chance in the preceding week to test. I've never been to Pocono and need a chance to learn the track if I am going to go.

Thanks
    Abhi
    Abhi Ghatak
    1995 ITA Miata by Kessler Engineering
    2012 NERRC ITA Champion
    2013 NERRC ITA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    Terry

Will there be any chance in the preceding week to test. I've never been to Pocono and need a chance to learn the track if I am going to go.

Thanks
    Abhi

Audi is there on May 2nd. Half a day on IMSA and another half a day on double infield (SCCA) course. You can run with them.
    After the repayment the guy went nuts with the prices. Drove everyone off.
    Last edited by awegrzyn; 04-11-2014 at 11:08 PM.

^ What he said. I had that scheduled as our first test, but apparently it will be our only test... Very disappointed. Hopefully everyone takes it easy on Saturday getting back in to things...

Here is the link: http://acna-nj.org/may2hpde/

I will stress that this is NOT NEQ Audi, so we will actually be welcomed. Scott runs a good event.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Scott runs a very nice event. Have instructed with them several times. Good event lots of t time.

Wish I could make this event but work has me travelling. Be safe and have fun! Good racing and party!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Default Pocono

Pocono is shaping up for a nice ITR race - track is brand new and was a blast las year. Hopin to see a big crew at the party too!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Going to rain there as usual

I just went to the registration list and 70% of people I raced with last year is not on the list. Is that the case every year in racing ,or there is some other race going on I don't know about.

I'm in for the weekend. Gonna ask Terry when I get there if I can run the STL Integra in "ITX" or whatever guest group they might have (I'll stay out of the races)...

Where are the B cars?!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Where are the B cars?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Default Pocono JD LG Freedom Races - ITR vid

Great weekend - folks ya'll need to come check out Pocono again. The new configuration is hugely better and the rough pavement is gone (unless you drive a formula car).

Good IT turn out - some strong competition. Big props go out to Matt Rooke - he's got the worst luck and had motor trouble. He was the man to beat on the weekend. Rob Nimkoff took the ITR track record, John Hainsworth was big winner and took the ITS track record. Rob got me on Saturday with 4 laps or so to go with an excellent pass and was the man to dual with. I did win on Sunday but you'll need to tune into the video at 11:10 or so to see what happened to keep Rob out of the top podium spot

Enjoy the vid - I didn't edit it - my fancy software is too confusing! Fast forward to 11:10 to start.
    PS - huge props to Kevin Anderson in his new ITR RX8 - the dude ran me down at the end and made it close at the finish!

Last edited by benspeed; 05-12-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Where is the video?
    Kevin Anderson

Hi - here's the link https://vimeo.com/95045794
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Congrats Ben, way to hold off Anderson FTW!

Had some pretty good racing with Darrel Stein and Tom Capizzi in ITS, especially at the start of each race. There was slight door-to-door contact between Capizzi and I on lap 3 of the sunday qualifying race as I had a run along side through the infield 'straight'. No harm no foul, just close racing resulting in a half-donut on my door. Not sure what I was going to do with that run on the crooked straight, anyway, except to try and control his line into the left-hander to hopefully remain along-side through the right-hander leading onto the front straight. I realized I probably shouldn't have put my car there and was off-throttle trying to back out. Although, I ended up sticking the pass in the very same place the next lap with a better run. Links to the race videos are below.

Sunday Regional Qualifying Race (Lap 8 was course record of 1:42.6): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyLzt8Xi9dA

Sunday Regional Feature Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXlFI3p7HWc
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net