Thread: May Prelim question/comment.. Nissan SR20DET in STU

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your friends don't have a clue then- the hatch was the softest chassis due to the lack of tie-in around the rear struts. It's a big box, like a small minivan. the sloped rear roof is a touch better for aero, but not enough to make it worth the penalties in chassis stiffness. You can always counteract some of that with the cage, but you have to add more weight in the cage to make up for it, which makes the lighter S13 chassis less beneficial.

For STU, you also have to put a fuel cell in an S13. The S14 tank is in front of the rear axles, saddlebagged over the subframe (under the rear seat area). it's in a much better location for weight distro, and you have the better suspension geometry. You can also run the stock tank just about dry without starving for fuel. I've run a couple races where my fuel sample port was spitting bubbles after the race, but never had a problem on track.

Houston to Orlando is 975 miles, so it would be a good 2-day tow. Come up before a race weekend and you can run with the TX boys before you go home. Be sure to bring a big arse trailer cause I got lots of spares with it.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 04-11-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7