Thread: May Prelim question/comment.. Nissan SR20DET in STU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

and the hatch is harder to make in plastic, not impossible by any means, but popping a plastic window into a notch is easier. the spec wing works well on the notch, too. not for nothing but I'd be all over the S14 JUST because of the strength and commonality of the hubs / wheel / brake offerings. and as for transport, there's always a transport service (not very expensive) or a trailer with an open spot shuffling things back and forth across our great nation. hell I bet you could have gotten ISC to swing over to Houston after the NOLA majors (I assume they went to the NOLA majors).

My friend works at Nissan Motorsports.

I appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming. Just looking at all options.
    Hammer
    CFR
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56
    2009 Nissan GTR
    2010 Nismo 370z
    http://www.ReedNissan.com/

I have many friends that work for NASA, but that doesn't mean they know how to build a space shuttle.

If you're truly interested in the car, let me know and I'll work up a current spares list. I'm selling off stuff to make room in the garage, but still have like 3 transmissions, 3.9 4.1 & 4.3 diffs, 6 or 7 sets of 17" wheels, 3 diffs, spare doors, lights, gas tank, subframes, etc.

Matt, in my research the S14 and S15 have the same part numbers for the head assembly. I believe the power difference was entirely due to higher boost pressure and ECU tuning, which are open items anyways.

I'm very happy to see this even though it is a day (year) late and I'm many dollars short... I still have a bit of sweet spot for Nissan even though it is Honda and Ford for me this year.

And on less selfish note, I believe that this is a good move for the club.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

How can it be a year late? It was approved a month after it was requested.

Oh, you want the club to pre-emptively know exactly what everyone wants to race and pre-approve it in advance? What are you, my wife...?

You should pre-emptively remove that -2mm restrictor and then choke it if it becomes an overdog. The cat's already out of the bag with the USDM turbo engines and the NA guys are scrambling to keep up. Put the JDM turbo engines in the same boat so we're all on the same playing field.

For that matter, I'd also like to see some of the RWD/AWD penalty removed too since it sucks to watch an FWD car pull you out of the corner and get just far enough in front of you that you can't attempt to outbrake them. If the RWD cars are supposed to handle better, then they need a chance to be able to do it. It's like the whole DOT/slicks gripe when those classes are paired together on track, except now it's within the same class. pretty damn frustrating to get beat by a poor handling or poorly driven car simply because they have more motor.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7