Thread: Northeast Numbers

Default Northeast Numbers

Anyone know how we are reserving numbers this year? Usually we've received an e-mail from Rene asking for verification........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Never mind. Got my answer.........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

And that answer was...?

Not that I'll be racing..........

NER - NERRC PREFERRED NUMBERS FOR 2014

As some of you might know, NARRC numbers for 2014 has been suspended. Therefore, NER will have a preferred numbers list for 2014 NER/NERRC events. The NER numbers list is not a continuation of the NARRC list. Any driver who had a 2014 NARRC number confirmed for them earlier this winter must send a new request for an NER number.

Number requests will be accepted through March 28, 2014.

Number requests must include full name, car class, 3 number choices (different numbers, please), plus your email address for confirmation. Only 1 and 2 digit numbers will be confirmed: 0 – 99 and 00 – 09. 3 digit numbers will not be considered.

Requests should be emailed to Marilyn Freeman, NER co-Chief Registrar: [email protected]

Requests will be confirmed first to NER drivers who actively supported the 2013 NER/NERRC series, secondly to drivers who ran a NARRC event, and thirdly to new drivers. If you did not participate in NERRC or NARRC in 2013, you will be treated as a new driver.

Class groupings are based on NER’s 2014 groups which may change for Thompson and LRP. In case of number conflicts due to re-groupings first entry received for an event will be confirmed.

Note "preferred" does not mean "reserved". Any disputes will be resolved at the sole discretion of the number keeper. The assignment of car numbers at any race is at the discretion of the registrar for that race.

Looking forward to a great race season,
    Marilyn Freeman, NER co-Chief Registrar
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Glad you posted this!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

This is what I got back... In previous years I've been # 13. Typically have not run into issues with having it.

Thisis to confirm # 18 ITA for your preferred number(s) for the2014 NER/NERRC Club Racing Regionals. Unfortunately, due to class re-groupings,your first request is already taken. Please advise if there is any change inyour car’s class or if you will no longer need the number.

Pleasenote: This is not a NARRC number, nor a Divisional number, nor a Majors number.
    Also,"preferred" does not mean "reserved". The assignment of carnumbers at any race is at the discretion of the Registrar for that race.

Classgroupings are based on NER’s 2014 groups which may change for Thompson and LRP.In case of number conflicts due to re-groupings first entry received for anevent will be confirmed.

It's the two notes I put in italics which are throwing me off a bit since I'm not familiar with the different series. Since I don't race at that New Hampshire track, does the really impact me? Typically in other regions / tracks, # 18 is more popular than # 13. Although with how my past several seasons, maybe it's time for a new number.
    Dave Gran

Also, any idea what the new ITA grouping is going to be? (Tried editing my last post but it wouldn't save for some reason.)
    Dave Gran

for NER NH ITA is now with ITR, ITS, ITB and IT7. at the NER LRP event we will likely use last year's group. we are thinking Thompson will need the old 8 run groups for July. What we learn in July will determine October.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7