Thread: New Member - Ford Fiesta ITD - Midwest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by cmcnicol View Post
    Scott,
    Just shot you an e-mail. You can get my download there, but as Jim said, there are a lot of us around with these cars and a couple more within SCCA. You will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, I will be joining your wife on the 19 in an attempt to get my license back after a 15 year hiatus. Look forward to seeing you there.
    Chris McNicol
    #92 ITD/C Fiesta
    #92 HP Fiesta
    Replied back to you via e-mail. Awesome.

fyi - Autozone.com has timken wheel bearings at $14.99 for a 2-pack (SET22). The also have %25 off and free shipping for orders over $100for the next couple of days. A fair price for inner and outer seals also (#3723 and 3724 i think). Not a good deal on spindle nuts though.

Default Updates

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Default Updates

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Looking good, Scott. Where did you and Rebecca find this car? Was it out East where the spares are?
    Chris McNicol

Thanks Chris. I was unable to bring everything back with me due to limited space. He is going to keep everything stored for me. I hope to make a trip back there later this year to gather the remaining items up.

Drove her for the first time today. A couple of minor things to complete and then in the trailer for next weekends driver school.

I suggest putting the OEM lifts back on the hatch. The stick routine can be painful (as in getting clunked in the head)learned from experience!!

Nice craftsmanship.

Changed it up a bit. Ready to go through its second driver school this weekend.

image.jpg

Sweet cars- hate the brakes tho.
    The fastest way to improve the racing line and general on track performance is to have the instructor ride along. Add a muffler, get a comunicator and run the driver at some PDX events. Even run a few Autocross with both of you and see how each of you differs and performs.
    NASA does this but the SCCA schools dont yet.
    As my son gets faster, we drive the car for 3-4 laps and switch seats, shake and repeat. When he started he knew a lot, now he knows that we can all go faster each day.Every day.
    When you get the driver sorted, send me an email for a free copy of my book, just cuz you have a Fiesta.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/