Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member - Ford Fiesta ITD - Midwest

Default UPDATED 3-29-14 - New Member - Ford Fiesta ITD - Midwest

UPDATED PICTURES IN POST 18. 19, AND 20

Hello all. I am new to the site and look forward to learning a lot from many of you. My wife and I recently acquired the below Ford Fiesta that she will be running in Midwest Council. This will be her first race car experience. It is coming along as we prepare it for an April drivers school. With the greatly appreciated time and effort put in by my older brother, we should be ready.

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo

That is a nice looking Fiesta. Where did you find it?

Since you plan on racing it with MCSCC I just want to let you know if you don't already but there are a number of people that have raced Fiestas in the past who still are part of MCSCC. I myself raced one from 1988-1995. The car won two ITC championships in MCSCC and then after I sold it, it won a SCCA Reg. championship in the Finger Lakes Reg. It's still a race car but is now a GTL class car.

l hope to be at the April MCSCC Driver School on the 19th but since I will be attending the April 18th test day at Gingerman for the Lemons race that weekend I can't be 100% certain.
    I look forward to meeting up with you and learning more about your car.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

We have heard that a few Fiesta's are in the area and know of one that runs SCCA events, but not MCSCC events. I believe there is one out of Racine that may be a rental. I tried to go back through the race results for the last couple of years through MCSCC, but didn't see too much activity with the Fiesta's. It does look like a 90' Festiva runs once in awhile in ITD. It should be fun for my wife. She is really looking forward to drivers school. We will look forward to meeting you.

Great Looking Fiesta.... Who had this car before you?
    Not sure what ITD is though.
    I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

[email protected]
    813 335 1809

take care,

Bill McCoin
    ITC Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Fiesta View Post
    Great Looking Fiesta.... Who had this car before you?
    Not sure what ITD is though.
    I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

[email protected]
    813 335 1809

take care,

Bill McCoin
    ITC Fiesta
    Hello Bill. Thanks for the nice comments. The club, Midwest Council, that we are going to race with, has a ITD class. They classify the Fiesta in ITD and not ITC. This coming weekend I will have more pictures of the car and hopefully it will be real close to being set to go for her April 19th driver school. *** Any spare competition hubs that you would be willing to part with?
    Last edited by Scottjags; 03-24-2014 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Forgot Something

wow, I never thought that I'd say this about a Fiesta, but that thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Thanks Chris.

Simply gorgeous!!!

Thanks joeg.

Good looking Fiesta! I run an ITC fiesta - NEOhio. I've got a ton of spares - including a spare tub. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks Gary. I appreciate it. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swanson View Post
    Good looking Fiesta! I run an ITC fiesta - NEOhio. I've got a ton of spares - including a spare tub. Let me know if you need anything.
    You can't call them spares until you get your car back out running.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Is the car going to be ready by April 5th? That's when both MCSCC and BHV SCCA Reg. have an annual tech day and medical at Advanced Autosports open house in Beloit, WI.
    I plan on attending so as to feed my racing appetite since it hasn't been fed since Nov. 2 of last year. (I attended a Lemons race at RA.)
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Quote Originally Posted by jimbbski View Post
    Is the car going to be ready by April 5th? That's when both MCSCC and BHV SCCA Reg. have an annual tech day and medical at Advanced Autosports open house in Beloit, WI.
    I plan on attending so as to feed my racing appetite since it hasn't been fed since Nov. 2 of last year. (I attended a Lemons race at RA.)
    We are getting close, but I don't believe we have planned to take it down for that. Heading over to work on it now. Axles going in on Saturday morning and then hopefully over to our fabricators shop for some misc. items. We will be getting to the track early on the Friday prior to Saturdays driver school and planned to have it tech'd then.

Scott,
    Just shot you an e-mail. You can get my download there, but as Jim said, there are a lot of us around with these cars and a couple more within SCCA. You will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, I will be joining your wife on the 19 in an attempt to get my license back after a 15 year hiatus. Look forward to seeing you there.
    Chris McNicol
    #92 ITD/C Fiesta
    #92 HP Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by cmcnicol View Post
    Scott,
    Just shot you an e-mail. You can get my download there, but as Jim said, there are a lot of us around with these cars and a couple more within SCCA. You will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, I will be joining your wife on the 19 in an attempt to get my license back after a 15 year hiatus. Look forward to seeing you there.
    Chris McNicol
    #92 ITD/C Fiesta
    #92 HP Fiesta
    Replied back to you via e-mail. Awesome.

fyi - Autozone.com has timken wheel bearings at $14.99 for a 2-pack (SET22). The also have %25 off and free shipping for orders over $100for the next couple of days. A fair price for inner and outer seals also (#3723 and 3724 i think). Not a good deal on spindle nuts though.

Default Updates

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Default Updates

Last edited by Scottjags; 04-14-2014 at 03:14 PM.