Thread: It-7

Default It-7

Hey Dinoheads! How many Dinos are coming to the first Dino outing in New Hampshire? How important is test day? It's a bit of a stretch for some of us to get there, but is it worth it?
    Michael Sterling Turchuk
    #95 NER IT-7 Dinosaur

I thought a test day for an IT7 car consisted of turning the key to make sure the battery had charge.

'77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by team-gpracing View Post
    I thought a test day for an IT7 car consisted of turning the key to make sure the battery had charge.
    No, you have to check if there's fuel in the tank too. Do that and you're already in front of 1/3 of the field...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    No, you have to check if there's fuel in the tank too. Do that and you're already in front of 1/3 of the field...
    Also,check to see if you have a heater core..or at least a sawed off mop/sponge

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    Also,check to see if you have a heater core..or at least a sawed off mop/sponge
    Hell, add "working wipers and defroster" to the checklist and you're a podium finisher...Lord knows what kind if international success you'd have if you ensure the exhaust stays attached to the car...

3 posts and rules creep is already out of hand....heater core AND wipers? who can afford these things?
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

YES MIKE we are testing and you should be there! 1st up will be practicing getting over to grid ALL 12 cars before ANYONE else!

Mike B

All 12 without breaking down on the way. Doubtful.
    Michael Sterling Turchuk
    #95 NER IT-7 Dinosaur

Friday of the first event is driver's school as well as a region run test day, most of us are too busy helping with the school to test but will be there starting Thursday night.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Test. we don't need no stinking testing. but what we should do is be first on grid Saturday morning. 12 IT7 cars go out front. now there's a road block.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Quote Originally Posted by Raceman77 View Post
    Test. we don't need no stinking testing. but what we should do is be first on grid Saturday morning. 12 IT7 cars go out front. now there's a road block.
    And a smoke screen :-)
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

Quote Originally Posted by jwasilko View Post
    And a smoke screen :-)

Careful, there are more IT7 cars than ITA cars requesting NERRC Numbers this year.

The only smoke we saw in August was from your tires in 9 sir. Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cant wait to see the IT7 fields this season. Talk about beating a dead horse.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Careful, there are more IT7 cars than ITA cars requesting NERRC Numbers this year.

The only smoke we saw in August was from your tires in 9 sir. Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cant wait to see the IT7 fields this season. Talk about beating a dead horse.
    I love me some RX7, that's for sure. It's great to see so many of them out and about!

Hopefully the new car is more sorted this year.

-j
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

Default my old car

Does anyone know if my old car is still around, Last I know Grant was running it(the new one). Actually he shortened my old one but did make a new one with the shell that he got from me....Wow 12 that is great,what a great car....good luck....dave canavan

Grant sold it to Drew Young. he is still running it. blue with yellow stripes.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Thanks Dick, I may have to stop and see this GREAT CLASS run--I had a lot of fun in my old (79)RX-7....dave