Thread: SCCA Release & Waiver of Liability

Default SCCA Release & Waiver of Liability

Is this something new with SCCA events? Anyone have any insight or knowledge that they can impart?

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...l%20Waiver.pdf

Dave Dewhurst just posted something similar on the Prod site.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

I believe it is required to get a hard card, and limits the number of times you have to sign your rights away (at some tracks).
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

With the hard card, you sign the SCCA waver once for the year. Sign each track waver, however.
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Not new; I've had a hardcard for at least two years (maybe three or four?). Bottom line:

- Upload photo to scca.com's member login area.
    - Get the annual waiver (comes in the mail with every driver renewal) either notarized or witnessed by an SCCA Registrar (Regional Registrar's OK, I'm one)
    - Mail waiver to SCCA (PDFs not accepted) and request hardcard
    - Drivers get it at no charge; I think a certain level of volunteer participation also gets it free. And I think 25 days volunteering gets you a special volunteer printed card
    - If you sign up for the annual Majors program (permanent number) you get a "special" Majors participation version.

It's not like a Grand-Am hardcard where you can wave it at the gate and waltz into a track; you still need to stop at Reg. however, it avoids having to sign the waiver each time you sign in.

Greg

Edit: "Track Waiver"? You have to sign a separate waiver for tracks down there...? Come to think of it, I had to sign two waivers at Sebring...?

We pulled into Inde Motorsports Park at 10:30 pm on a Thursday and had to sign the track waiver before we could park to camp that night. Next morning I had to sign a second waiver to run the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Edit: "Track Waiver"? You have to sign a separate waiver for tracks down there...? Come to think of it, I had to sign two waivers at Sebring...?
    Pocono too
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

NJMP too

You always have to sign the track waver. If you have the hard card, you have signed the SCCA waver for the year:026:
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!