Thread: Steel Cities / NeOhio Driver School & Dbl Regional

Default Steel Cities / NeOhio Driver School & Dbl Regional

Steel Cities and NeOhio have joined forces to present a one day driver school and one day Double Regional. Dates are April 25-27 2014@ Pittsburgh International Race Complex. Friday night will be the classroom training, with in car training during the day on Saturday. We will be having a group for Vintage driver to full-fill their requirement to race vintage events at the driver school, and a group on Sunday for them also, to allow for new and seasoned racer to come out. The Sunday Double Regional will be part of the Kryderacing Series; also any student completing their driver school on Saturday will be Eligible to run the Sunday Double Regional toward getting their Competition License (for an Additional fee). For more info please visit our website @ http://stcscca.com/road-racing/forms-and-supps/
    Registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...ational-451768
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

Competition Chair for Steel Cities
    stcscca.com

It's too bad there wasn't room on the Saturday schedule for a micro test day. I bet two 20 minute sessions in the afternoon for $100 would be a good seller. Maybe if there are no open wheel school cars it would open up some track time?
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Note: on MSR if you search only on Club Race this race does not appear. It appears only if you search on Drivers school. You might want to fix that so that people searching don't miss it.
    Jim Hardesty
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

TWENTY DAY LEFT FOR THIS EVENT

Please sign up if you plan on attending
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...ational-451768
    We are hoping to make some changes to the schedule to get a test and tune in on Saturday for Sundays Club race. will post any changes in this event in next 24 to 48 hours
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

That would be cool. Just a data point, but at Nelson Ledges for test days they charge $130 for the full day, $70 for the afternoon only. That's for 2 sessions in the am, 2 in the pm.
    Jim Hardesty

We have added a Practice day on Saturday, for those drivers that would like some more track time before the Sunday Double Regional. Cost is $125.00 for Approx 80 minute of track time. You have to be entered in the Sunday race to take advantage of this offer.
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

AJ,
    That is awesome. Any chance for pricing on a half day (two afternoon sessions)? I don't think our schedule is going to allow us to get there for a full day, but sure would like some Test and Tune time before Sunday.

Thanks,
    Scott Irwin
    #81 ITC

Quote Originally Posted by Aanselm View Post
    We have added a Practice day on Saturday, for those drivers that would like some more track time before the Sunday Double Regional. Cost is $125.00 for Approx 80 minute of track time. You have to be entered in the Sunday race to take advantage of this offer.

There is a week until this event Online Registration closes on Thursday 4/24/14.
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...8#.U1LclFea9bw
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

Its: 3
    itr: 1
    ita: 5
    it7: 2
    itb: 0
    itc: 8
    Last edited by jumbojimbo; 04-24-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: One more ITA car.
    Jim Hardesty

Thanks to every driver that came out to make this event great!! Hope to see everyone back for our June 14-15 event.
    Photos from last weekends Event at Pitt Race
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5395515&type=1
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

Thanks for sharing...we were "weather blessed" for this time of the year!

I don't suppose anyone picked up my timing beacon that near the start/finish on Sunday? Fudge.
    Jim Hardesty

Jimbo...go GPS!

How about one of your nice vids?

I would if I could see slightly better descriptions of what is available. I use the one on iracing and it helps a lot. The main thing it gives is a Red/Green that you are going faster at the moment than your best lap, and it gives a +/- on the time. You can learn a lot about how certain corners work when you can see it real time. If a GPS unit could just promise me that, I'd be in.
    Jim Hardesty

I just picked up an AIM Solo...we'll see how that functions.