Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Order of cars going out for qualifying

Why cant Jeff wait for the race season, Hes not gonna finish his car. Hes a slacker just like the IT7 group he is trying desperatly to make fun of.

And let me re state the obvious, Its Hot outside, and I own one of the Hottest Cars known to man wearing the Hottest Outfit I can find. Im not getting to grid any earlier than I need too.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Yes, but I believe Chuck and I got called to the stewards office once when we didn't notice the double yellows displayed on our out lap. ooops.

So actually take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    In SEDIV they are generally shown a white flag on the out lap....react accordingly, but if you are the first 5 or so cars and take it easy for half a lap, you get the couple of clean laps needed.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    You mean you think you are going to pass some folks. I'll dig up my video. You tell me if you'd have not backed down. I have no idea why I didn't throw paper.
    Post it up. I'd love to see the guys who are going to have to explain why they drove into the side of a competitor's car on the straight.

K

Didn't get through all three pages but though I would throw in my .02... Personally at first thought I like the idea of grossing based on points for the first session. Grid order is given out at registration as an "entry list." Anyone who misses early registration is at the back. Ties go by entry order. All of the rest of the sessions are gridded based on results from other sessions as most are now in the northeast with the multi race weekends.

On second thought though, I like going early to see my friends working grid and my fellow competitors. I also enjoy grid ding up with my brother and other close friends so we can spend at least a couple turns together... We do generally try to get up towards the front.

Raymond. "At this point I don't mind how it is done..." Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post

I dont see it as a problem in NER......... But maybe because 3/4 of the ITA/IT7 group are a bunch of slackers and can barely get to grid before the one minute................. Man, I crack myself up!!

Jeff that is because we were mostly all racing in that group in the hay day of ITA back when you and Joe and Greg and Andy and others had cut throat competition.

we slackers all learned that keeping away from the man drama made for better times.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Im not getting to grid any earlier than I need too.
    You're assuming we'll be inside the car waiting. And to clairify, I'm talking outside the grid next to the fence as the group before us is still on grid.

I do see how there are pros and cons to all of this.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Not too worried buddy, the Kessler engine is coming along nicely!!! I figure the easiest way is just to paddock near you and when you start getting ready, I'll know it's time.

But yes, looking forward to the race season! I am glad it's still a bit off for me to get some funds together.
    Dave... Could you come and get me when Lawton starts for the grid. Last year I missed most of qualifying at LRP because I was taking a nap and nobody woke me up to go qualify.

Thanks in advance

Abhi
    Abhi Ghatak
    1995 ITA Miata by Kessler Engineering
    2012 NERRC ITA Champion
    2013 NERRC ITA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    WDCR MARRS event pre-grid for the first qual session each weekend is entirely up to the desires of the individual run group. the drivers reps in that group tell grid how they want to be set up at the beginning of the season. options used include, but are not limited to:

random (small bore)

random by class (this is how ITS/ITB does it. fast class in front)

fastest lap time of the season to date (big bore)

MARRS points to date (miata?)

no matter what group you are in, the lack of a pre-grid traffic jam is wonderful.

MARRS has used a reserved paddock area process for many years at summit point (I am the guy that does the reservation map). the amount of space a class gets is based on the average participation of the class in the previous years races. out-of-towners are welcome! as it says in the supps, just call the drivers rep of the group you are in a week or so before the race, tell them what you have for car/trailer and they will try to find you space either in the reserved area for their class or nearby if possible. we routinely "trade" space with adjacent classes as need be.

the goals of both grid and paddock space processes are to reduce stress and chaos on race weekends. more focus on FUN!

Marshall
    ex-ITR, now ITS/STU
    ^ This is the way to go ^
    WDCR / MARRS gets my vote for race weekend perfection on all fronts.
    Jimmy P.
    #98 BMW E30 M3 - SPU