Thread: MyLAPS SURVEY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

scca should also step in as this is becoming another barrier to entry or is at least a perceived barrier.

In the last couple of seasons, my transponder has seen service in 3 different cars.

The transponder cost is already at a point that folks are lending/borrowing them. The one downside is if you want to be in the same race group as your friends.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Filled that survey out and let them have it. I'm not interested in a subscription based transponder.

What they should have done is kept the old unit and charged racers a modest yearly fee for access to data on the Mylaps.com website. That is, if they can get the website to work. I haven't been on it since it swapped over a couple years back and was essentially non-functional.

A hard wire unit is 480?????? Holy crap, thats a third of the cost of a car.

Guess I need to do the survey instead of deleting the email.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Hmmmm this was a great idea 10years go... Back before smart phones and tablets. This idea is terrible, the home PC is a thing of the past along with USB ports... So sad they thought they had a cool new idea.

I recommend they go make a good phone app and sell that, they would make a lot more money... Oh wait that happened a few years ago already... from someone else...

forwarded the survey to the Atlanta Region Chief of T&S to complete also. After her experiences with a wrong box Shipped by AMB I'm sure her comments were not great.
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

So what are the major motorcycle race orgs using? Amb as well?

Many larger tracks also have cycle events. So perhaps they are set up for more than one?

Otherwise, a passive RFID system like motor-tally should be doable.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

It's the freaking monopoly that I hate so much. Oh, and I had to remount mine because it's only rated to 124deg and was failing.
    Hayes Lewis