Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MyLAPS SURVEY

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    ...but I'm sure the licensing agreement of the software prohibits using them.
    How will the system know? Does it use encryption (I doubt it).

And definitely no way you are going to upload data to mylaps with rogue transponder numbers.
    Which is why I'll gladly pay you $20 for that dead transponder sitting in your toolbox, and/or the number of that one you threw into the landfill a couple years ago...I'm sure you wrote that number down somewhere (like in your logbook), right...?

GA

I'm thinking a bar code decal, on both sides of the car and video are a cheaper way to go. The larger cost is in the cameras and video analysis software, virtually no cost for racers. I'm going to talk to some friends that do video work for DHS.

Quote Originally Posted by stevestratton View Post
    I'm thinking a bar code decal, on both sides of the car and video are a cheaper way to go.
    Only problem there is when three Miatas go by T&S side-by-side...

Yeah thought about that after the post, a third decal on the nose with overhead camera.... But it's all over come the need for very high speed cameras and very good lighting. That's why the state/city speed camera use a massive flash subsystem to get license plate definition at lower speeds. The guys I talked to said you could build it but it would cost truckload of $$$$ to implement. They said RFID or transponders are better suited to our requirements.

I phone app
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Electronic toll road hardware and software?

You'd get charged every lap, but the transponders are cheap.
    Tim

That would work with the new sensors but require and overhead structure to mount them. Car mounting would be interesting....