Thread: Lighted Gauges Warning light

Question Lighted Gauges Warning light

Now where does one purchase those flashing warning light gauges per the TV coverage of the Daytona 500!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Didn't watch it. Description?

Between readily-available LEDs and easy-to-find binary switch/sensors, it can't be that difficult to create your own.

GA

The fact that they are now using electronic FI with an ECU it all may be programed into the whole system. That's not saying that an individual can't come up with something similar or perhaps just go to Auto Meter's website and see what they offer?
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Quote Originally Posted by tdw6974 View Post
    Now where does one purchase those flashing warning light gauges per the TV coverage of the Daytona 500!
    They are Autometer Elite, I think:

http://www.autometer.com/media_newsarticle.aspx?aid=106

I've got them in my car...they're nice.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

There's a couple of brands out there that will do that. Defi gauges do some neat stuff too, but their price is a bit extreme for a "cheap race car". The import tuners love 'em though because of all the blinky lights.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

SPEK Pro Gauges

Since we broke a fan Belt and as a result warped the rotor housings(UGH) looking to do some type of "Warning" light the Autometer Elite series look like the ones saw on some of the interior shots last night on broadcast entire gauge flashes when a problem occurs. Longacre makes a water pressure warning light that goes out when system builds pressure so if coolant was lost light would come on to be a visual signal to coolant loss
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I lost the alternator tensioner bolt on my Miata and the flashing water temp gauge caught my eye very quickly.

Beyond the warnings, they have other great features like peak recall and the ability to send to a datalogger (so one sender can feed the gauge and a logger).
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

I have one from Marshall Instruments in my spec miata. Reasonable price. Just over $100 for gauge and sender. The alarm points are programmable and there is a switch output to go to a separate light. Also 1-5v output for a data acquisition system.

If you're using a Traqmate you can take analog data in and the Traqmate can be used to trigger a warning light via digital out and a relay. I know that isn't what you're looking for, but on the off chance you're using a Traqmate and overlooked that feature it might help you out.

The Marshall instruments looks interesting. Need all the warnings we can get!!