Thread: March 2014 Fastrack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I guess my concern with this new philosophy in IT is that it will get confusing on where we draw the line on alternate classification lines. For example in my driveway is an 05 shinka edition of the rx8 with stiffer chassis components to my racecar. Would that justify a separate line for that model? Why our why not? What if the 09 was exactly the same other than the body was different?

I guess what we need to decide is what components justify a separate spec line. I was always under the impression that for the last 25 years it required something that created a different weight. For example in the early 90s the ITAC felt that brakes made a big difference and the audi coupe and coupe gt got separated into two lines with one getting a 50lb adder. Brakes are no longer given that same consideration... (Current ITAC took that away and made them equal).

I personally think that IF you could Frankenstein a car together to make a better than ever existed model then we need to separate it or if the classification model used spit out a different weight we should storage it. The RX8 is an example of a situation where both are about the same but you couldn't create a better version if on the same spec line.

Stephen

Ps: thanks for responding even though it hasn't posted to fast track yet.
    Last edited by StephenB; 02-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.