Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
It will be hard to say you overreacted when nobody is really building or racing many ITR cars. When you wish to fix perceived problems from the past, you either do it to everyone, or do not treat new classifications differently. If you were talking AX classing then you would most definitely keep them seperate. For IT you have a hard time being justified to class this car on a seperate line because of the minor changes that have nothing to do with IT specifications. Can you please list a combination of parts for the RX8 that would make it faster? Is this just another in the long list of overreactions on this car? Was this a move to stop the huge number of overdog builds now in progress since we thought we could now use the good trans?

Just tweaking you
I know you're as serious as you are ribbing...

so wait - the ITAC recommends a car have a specline that is NO DIFFERENT from the prior year car, which doesn't hurt either car at all, relatively speaking, and suddenly we're over reacting to the overdog and limiting what can be done? I read a huge laundry list of changes between Series I and II - and yes, some of it is 100% irrelevant to IT, but some isn't - like injectors and intake manifold. we don't KNOW the combinations that could or couldn't be made, or be helpful, but that's not our job. we can't be expert on all things. what we have decided to do is to play it safe IN GENERAL rather than just clumping cars together when major changes are rolled out. I guarantee you this exact same discussion would be going on if we DIDN'T split the series I and II cars.

there are a lot of cars with weak transmissions or other parts. warts an all. The Blethens are making it through 13 hour races in their pre-09 RX8, so the transmission can't be THAT bad.

it's a philosophical thing in this case - we saw substantial changes and made a separate classification. if you disagree with that decision that's fine, you know a LOT more about the car than we do. tell us why what DID change doesn't matter to performance EVEN WITH UD/BD allowances and make a case for that being irrelevant in IT terms.