Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurkers Beware!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lurkers Beware!

As part of this upgrade, we are going to "go postal" on purging unused accounts. As of the last dump we had 14,782 users. If I filter out any user with posts of 1 or fewer, and lastpostID of zero*, that purges 10,983 users. As I scroll through that list of 10,983 a lot of spammers pop out. Yes, there's possibly some legit users in there, but Mr Webmaster and I are of the mindset that we need to clear out these extraneous users for this upgrade as easily as possible, and if someone is not posting, well, they'll just have to re-create their ID. After all, it's not like they have a postcount to save...

So if you're a long-time lurker and wish to retain your UserID and sign-on date, feel free to use this thread to make a couple posts and you'll be saved...otherwise, feel free to re-create once we make the move (no ETA right now, will advise).

Greg

*"LastPostID", as you can imagine, refers to the ID of the last post, the number at the end of the URL when you select a post. Users with a post count of zero should have a zero lastpostid, however if a spammer posted and we deleted the post, the user would have a postcount of 1 but a 0 lastpostid.

There are 274 users with "posts of 1 or 0" and lastpostid of "not 0"; those for the most part appear legit.

Roger that.

Understood.

Someone PM'd me:

Is there a way for us to check on our status (post counts) before the great purge takes place? I tried to search on my posts, but came up empty (I know it has been a while, but I have posted in the past.)
    Two ways.

One, look in your user CP. Click your name (upper right corner) then select the "Statistics" tab. You'll see your total post count there at the top.

Two, you can look yourself up (and compare in rank) by looking at the Member's List. Sort by "Posts" to see the Chatty Cathys...

https://improvedtouring.coms/memberlist.php

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ...Two, you can look yourself up (and compare in rank) by looking at the Member's List. Sort by "Posts" to see the Chatty Cathys...

https://improvedtouring.coms/memberlist.php
    Wow, can't believe I made the first page of Chatty Cathy's, with all you guys... and with as little as I post these days...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

[QUOTE=Greg Amy;353337]As part of this upgrade, we are going to "go postal" on purging unused accounts. As of the last dump we had 14,782 users. If I filter out any user with posts of 1 or fewer, and lastpostID of zero*, that purges 10,983 users. As I scroll through that list of 10,983 a lot of spammers pop out. Yes, there's possibly some legit users in there, but Mr Webmaster and I are of the mindset that we need to clear out these extraneous users for this upgrade as easily as possible, and if someone is not posting, well, they'll just have to re-create their ID. After all, it's not like they have a postcount to save...

So if you're a long-time lurker and wish to retain your UserID and sign-on date, feel free to use this thread to make a couple posts and you'll be saved...otherwise, feel free to re-create once we make the move (no ETA right now, will advise).

Greg

*"LastPostID", as you can imagine, refers to the ID of the last post, the number at the end of the URL when you select a post. Users with a post count of zero should have a zero lastpostid, however if a spammer posted and we deleted the post, the user would have a postcount of 1 but a 0 lastpostid.

There are 274 users with "posts of 1 or 0" and lastpostid of "not 0"; those for the most part appear legit.[

Kudos to you for helping,Greg!! Some of us who are "chatterboxes" may end up in a special bullpen with limited access...LOL.

Thanks again for what you are doing!!

Wink

Save me please...thanks.
    Tom
    Owner/Driver of the TF American Racing Mustang ITB/STU #00 (in repair mode)

I don't just burn the candle at both ends...I use a blow torch"

http://tfamericanracing.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by EBSNASCAR View Post
    Save me please...thanks.

Me too!

thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve35 View Post
    Me too!
    Look in the upper right corner of your post; see the "Posts: 32"? Anyone that's 2 or above will not be deleted. - GA

Please save me also

ditto for safety ditto

Save me.(I)

save

Pleeze keep me on this board, I know that I don't post very often, but I still enjoy it.
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

How about a plan old simple "+1".

Steve
    Steve Strickland
    2006 Mazda MX5- T4/ ITS
    1990 Honda Civic ITB
    2000 Mazda Protege ITB
    SARRC Comm Chair
    ITAC

If you've made it this far...you're good. Locking thread.

Save me.(II) Thanks Greg.

In under the wire ...

T

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    In under the wire ...

T
    I 'spect, with 435 posts, you're pretty "OK", Terry...