As part of this upgrade, we are going to "go postal" on purging unused accounts. As of the last dump we had 14,782 users. If I filter out any user with posts of 1 or fewer, and lastpostID of zero*, that purges 10,983 users. As I scroll through that list of 10,983 a lot of spammers pop out. Yes, there's possibly some legit users in there, but Mr Webmaster and I are of the mindset that we need to clear out these extraneous users for this upgrade as easily as possible, and if someone is not posting, well, they'll just have to re-create their ID. After all, it's not like they have a postcount to save...

So if you're a long-time lurker and wish to retain your UserID and sign-on date, feel free to use this thread to make a couple posts and you'll be saved...otherwise, feel free to re-create once we make the move (no ETA right now, will advise).

Greg

*"LastPostID", as you can imagine, refers to the ID of the last post, the number at the end of the URL when you select a post. Users with a post count of zero should have a zero lastpostid, however if a spammer posted and we deleted the post, the user would have a postcount of 1 but a 0 lastpostid.

There are 274 users with "posts of 1 or 0" and lastpostid of "not 0"; those for the most part appear legit.