Thread: 20v Audi coupe gt?

Default 20v Audi coupe gt?

I've got a friend with a 20v Audi coupe gt and they were wondering where it would be classed. I don't see the 20v classed in the GCR. Does anyone know why that is?

Is there a process to get it classed?

Thanks!

-j
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

We got the 90 coupe classed in ITA a few years ago. Had two sitting ready to build... Decided it wouldn't be quick enough... Sold both cars for cheap!

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    We got the 90 coupe classed in ITA a few years ago. Had two sitting ready to build... Decided it wouldn't be quick enough... Sold both cars for cheap!

Stephen
    The only coupe I see in ITA is the SOHC engine. Any thoughts about the DOHC?
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

The 90 coupe Quattro should be classed in ITA and it is fast enough IMO... This car though is a Coupe GT with a transplant motor from another Audi model. I don't know the ST rules enough to know it would fit in one or if the only place the car can run is ITE... I suggested e post here because a of people here are good at that stuff

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

With a 20v swap to a CGT, it would be either ITE or STU . STU (iirc) is 2.5L and under. I always thought that a 4K with a AAN would be a possible front runner in STU. Or just get a turbo kit for the 7A....OR ...find an Urq an put an ANN in it...( ok I'm dreamin)

I casually browse the ST stuff and it seems that the turbo cars have the upper hand as of late . But tGA would have a better handle on that than me....

-John
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT