Thread: MX5 NC (2005 and newer)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MX5 NC (2005 and newer)

I didn't see it in the GCR, but honestly I am not an expert at miatas and they have a LOT of versions of them! I THINK the NC is the same as what they use in the MX-5 cup, T4, and the new WC TCA class (yes it is in other pro-racing but I was keeping to SCCA). Is it listed in IT anywhere? Would it be an ITS car or ITR car...thoughts?

Stephen

The NC is the 2006+ car, and it's on page 517, classed in ITS. The spec line might need to be updated since it only lists 2006.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

thanks, i wasnt sure! suprised this isnt an "R" car when looking at mx5 cup, WC and grand-am times

Well 2480 in WC 2600 in Spec Mx5 and T4 BUT 2740 in ITS... wow that is a pig!! I think I heard it has a curb weight of 2400lbs... Any chance this could be changed to get more pro cars into ITR club racing... they are being sold at some good deals

Thoughts??

Stephen

What type of pricing are you hearing?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

The T4 car that won the nationals last year is on racing junk for 22k. I saw an mx5 playboy cup car for 26 with tons of spares but that is gone. If I wanted to get into racing (and had some disposable income) I would get one of these so my options for a pro race are open and I could even rent it if I really tried. I have heard of people spending 20k on na and nb cars...

Stephen