Ron,

It is entry in that class per event, averaged. Repeated cars are counted each time they enter.

In an ideal world where there are 25 ITB car averages, 10 events would total 250 entries, while 12 would total 300, even if it's the same 25 cars in each event. Now, if you're concerned that each of those 25 racers would only run 10 events a year for a total of 250 entries over 12 events, averaging 21 cars, I understand. However, I think many other factors have a greater effect, and unless we really item-analyze attendance patterns, I think the variances will null out enough to give us some kind of data to work conclusions from.

By other factors, ponder this-
There is a distinct decrease in ITS entries over the 04-08 time period. At the same time, ITR entries go up (since it wasn't even a class in 04). Is the ITS drop due to movement to ITR, due to the BMW guys getting pissed and leaving? How about economic factors? Gas prices? Bovine flatulence? In those same years, ITA goes up, then down, and ITB and ITC drop significantly. Spec Miata also is ramping up at the same time, the Great Realignment happened, the ECU rule changed, AND, the Colts won the Superbowl (contributed by a coworker looking over my shoulder- I have NO CLUE about football).

I'd just like to see the numbers we have at this point. I do agree with you Ron- I'd like to see raw numbers, not just averages. I just don't think we're going to be able to draw any real conclusions from them, given the number of variables involved.