Thread: February 2014 Fastrack

Default February 2014 Fastrack

Prelims are up:

February Fastrack Preliminary
    Minutes 1/13/14- Preliminary Minutes
    Tech Bulletin 1/13/14- Preliminary Tech Bulletin

Seems: "3. #13190 (Eric Rosenberg) For STL Honda's K20 Engine Hit with 50mm Intake Restrictor Thank you for your request. The CRB has determined that the K20 engine exceeds the expected power output for STL, thus requiring the restrictor for class parity. The CRB will continue to monitor class performance."

Should be listed under No Action Required.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Also, why the weight difference in the ITB Toyota lines? Or was that posted here before and I missed it. The heavier of the cars has smaller brakes but better gear rations than the lighter version FX16.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Should be listed under No Action Required.
    You could argue that. The letter was more commentary and questioning the prior action versus a specific request for action, so you could say it should have gotten a "thank you for your input" in the "No Action Required" section. However we inferred a request to remove the restrictor, so it went into "Not Recommended" instead.

Mickey, thanks for your input.

- GA

Got it. You're welcome.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Also, why the weight difference in the ITB Toyota lines? Or was that posted here before and I missed it. The heavier of the cars has smaller brakes but better gear rations than the lighter version FX16.
    Three cars in ITB have the same engine.. all are now classed at 20%.

Strickly drive train layout. FX-16 is fwd (fwd subtractor), AE86 is rwd, AW11 is mid engined rwd (balance/mid engine adder).
    Last edited by quadzjr; 01-13-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    Three cars in ITB have the same engine.. all are now classed at 20%.

Strickly drive train layout. FX-16 is fwd (fwd subtractor), AE86 is rwd, AW11 is mid engined rwd (balance/mid engine adder).
    ah... duh to me. Thanks.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

and the Sentra was a straight realignment to process. all 3 cars had errors in their brake entries so that got fixed along with the weight correction.I have no idea where the old weight on the sentra came from but it worked out to something approaching 50% gains via process. hopefully we'll see some more of these out there now.

Default Itb

..and we all need to bring the little league's numbers back up ! Hopefully, Sentras and AE86's will show up after the exercise.

Ricardo

Anyone know where this is posted? ;
    ◾Cost of the school is only $199 for Single School. There will be a $100 refund offered for Noivce Permit students who complete the school and also attend the PDX 2 weeks prior. In addition, the discounted price of only $199 will be the entry fee for the 1st three MARRS events at Summit Point for those novice students who complete the school.
    ◾Students will need: SCCA Membership, Novice Permit and Physical Exam. See item #3 above.
    ◾A GCR (General Competition Rulebook) must be read prior to attending the school.
    ◾Regional Novice Permit contact is Mike Collins, C: 240-476-1593.
    *****◾Students must successfully complete just one SCCA accredited school (new in 2014!) to race in SCCA Club Racing events. The qualifications for converting the provisional license earned at school to a full competition license has been increased from two weekends to three.*** this section..

◾School starts with a mandatory classroom session on Friday evening followed by on-track, wheel-to-wheel practice Saturday and racing Sunday.
    ◾An instructor will be assigned to you for observation and personalized, direct feedback on your driving technique and progress through the school.
    ◾Car must meet the minimum safety requirements per the GCR. Contact the Tech Chief, Steve Spector at 301-606-0687 or [email protected] for details.
    ◾Rental race cars are available. See the ads below for rental car info.
    ◾Current holders of SCCA Competition Licenses with previous racing experience must contact the Chief Instructor for details prior to the school.
    ◾For questions not covered here contact the Region Office Administrator, Heidi S. Weir, 301-572-7444 or 800-879-4722.

Big time change but not showing under "news" On the SCCA site. Our basic info is so hard to find.
    Thanks, MM
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 01-26-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

It's something that WDCR has put together. I can't seem to get a clickable link from their home page ( www.wdcr-scca.org ), there is a note there about the upcoming spring driver's school. Follow that link to the information you are quoting.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44471
    Thanks,

Found it. I was looking in the fastrack and news section.

You would think , as a major change in the structure for SCCA racing there would have been some sort of "news".
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is something WDCR is trying, and not something being tried by the club as a whole.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckerboy View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is something WDCR is trying, and not something being tried by the club as a whole.
    That is correct because it's not something that even the rest of the Nediv is looking at right now.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

The posted link is the SCCA race page.
    It states, "1 school and 3 races", MOL

Bottom of page

Funny, I can't find anything about the WDCR school at the link you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    The posted link is the SCCA race page.
    It states, "1 school and 3 races", MOL

Bottom of page

I don't see anything about the WDCR school on the SCCA web page. You do understand the difference between the SCCA, Inc., website and the WDCR website.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post

The 1 school deal was new info for me. I posted on Vortex and lemons about this but could not find the supporting data page , Found it thanks Peter.