Thread: storage transport paddock insurance in MA?

Default storage transport paddock insurance in MA?

Does anyone that lives in MA carry STP insurance? I called Heacock, but they got back to me and said they don't write policies in MA anymore.

Who are you using?

-j
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

Heacock insures my 87 ITB civic. They just told me no go for my 94 its prelude. So good luck. Anybody else?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Greg: I started with them but they said they don't write in MA anymore (see above).

Found out that Lockton writes for about the same money. Going to explore a couple other options too.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

What about Hagerty?

Why would they not write in Mass? Some kinda weird insurance regs?

Dunno what it is like in MA. But in NY my car is covered while it is on the trailer by my auto insurance, by homeowners when on my property and an umbrella while it is at niether.

It is covered all the time but on the tack where it is covered bg my talent..........which is why it is bent.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Actually, STP (Storage, Transportation, Paddock) coverage is quite the bargain. It covers the race car, as you can easily infer, for anything and everything short of crossing the line into the false grid. Garage fire? Covered. Wreck in transit? Covered. Mickey loses control of his tow vehicle and rams the race car in the paddock? Covered. But the moment you cross onto the grid/pits...you're on your own.

But here's where the "bargain" part comes in: I have my race car at a declared value of $25,000 and the annual premium is...$250. No type: two hundred and fifty dollars per year. Less than the cost of one Ho-Ho. Well, "was" $250. Now, since I am covering my "classic" Porsche 914 through Heacock ($6000 declared value, full comp and collision as well as state-required liability and uninsured motorist, 5000 miles max per year, for $109/year) I added the Integra STP onto the same policy, same $25k declared value, for...$70/year. No typo: seventy dollars.

Bob Smart trailered my car to Sebring last week in his two-car trailer. I told him that if he wrecked, to please wreck really hard, roll the trailer all over into a flooded ditch, then ensure he set a match to the whole shebang. Yeah, I'd miss it, but $25k will buy a lot of solace...

If you can get STP insurance, you should. It's really one of the best values in club racing.

- GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

Actually, STP (Storage, Transportation, Paddock) coverage is quite the bargain. It covers the race car, as you can easily infer, for anything and everything short of crossing the line into the false grid. Garage fire? Covered. Wreck in transit? Covered. Mickey loses control of his tow vehicle and rams the race car in the paddock?
    Have a tree fall on it during a huge snow storm? Covered!!

Just be careful you actually have it stored where you declared if there is damage. When the tree fell on mine it was neither in transit nor in the location I said it was. It was a little bit of a battle but they finally paid.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

The application for STP ow says minimum premium is $500. That a recent change?
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Have a tree fall on it during a huge snow storm? Covered!!

Just be careful you actually have it stored where you declared if there is damage. When the tree fell on mine it was neither in transit nor in the location I said it was. It was a little bit of a battle but they finally paid.
    And it lives on as an STU car now. :026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I spoke with Scott Casagrande of William F Borhek Insurance Agency in MA (781-293-6331). He's a BMW racer, and was able to quote a policy at a little less than Lockton. It's an Inland Marine policy by Liberty Mutual.

He was also able to save about 30% on insurance for my truck. Bonus!
    #08 ITA/STL Miata