Thread: SARRC vs, Majors

Default SARRC vs, Majors

My car is eligible to run STL or ITS. I would like to run the STL class at the Majors in March/Road Atlanta but have no desire to run the other Majors. I would like to run either the ProIT series or the SARRC series. So the question: do the rules allow me to start in the STL class and switch to SARRC after the first race?
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

There's no restriction on running any or all of those series. You get points for whichever series the individual race is part of. The Majors races count toward the Majors championship (and you can also count two Majors races toward the new SECS series points, if you want to run SECS races as well.) SARRC races count toward SARRC points,etc. About the only time you can't count points toward a series is where the race is a "Rational"-type race with two series running in the same race. For example, there are a few races that are combined SARRC/SECS. For those you have to choose which series and class you are entering and will get points only for that class and series. For those combined races, you could enter your car in SECS as an STL, or enter it as either an STL or ITS in SARRC, and get points for whichever series and class you are entered in.

Last year I ran my IT7 as both IT7 and STU in SARRC and STU in Majors and got points in all three series/classes.
    Last edited by TomL; 01-12-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

What I thought, thanks, Tom.
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!