Thread: Like it's 1999 -- Get your SCCA Comp License for $199...race for just $199

Thumbs up Like it's 1999 -- Get your SCCA Comp License for $199...race for just $199

The DC Region SCCA lowers the barriers AND the cost of obtaining your comp license!

Have we got a deal for you! SCCA has announced a streamlined Permit-to-License process for 2014 to get you into the game faster than ever, and the Washington DC Region is offering a series of incentives to make that process even smoother - and easier on your wallet.

First, get a jump start on the season and a leg up on the drivers' school with the Performance Driving Experience (PDX) March 15-16. Any novice permit holder who attends both our March PDX and our Drivers' School will receive a $100 refund from the region.

Second, the longest running, most respected SCCA drivers school in the Northeast Division is scheduled for March 29-30, at rollback pricing - only $199!! We haven't seen these kinds of prices since the last century and it's cheaper than a one-day HPDE at most tracks! For you SE Division folks, that's going to be before the 1st event at VIR, and for you Northern folks that'll be before the entire NE Division schedule and before all Chump & LeMons races. Those who race with the marquee clubs, other organizations, as well as those SCCA races who want a refresher course are welcome.

Third, any novice permit holder who completes the DC Region's 2014 school will pay just $199 for each of the region's first three MARRS events at Summit Point (April 12-13, June 21-22, and July 12-13, 2014)!

Registration is NOW OPEN! Get everything you need right here:

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=81

Questions or comments? Contact
    Tom Broring, Drivers' School Chief Instructor: [email protected]
    Elizabeth Miller, Race Chair for Drivers' School: [email protected]
    Travis Dixon, PDX Chair: [email protected]
    Last edited by Gregg; 02-02-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

"Like" button!!!! Huge thumbs up to the region for doing this "right" IMO... Good job
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Tell anyone who might have contemplated racing or is currently on the fence. This is an amazing deal!
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Tell anyone who might have contemplated racing or is currently on the fence. This is an amazing deal!
    I'm on the fence, Gregg. At those prices I should sign up for a refresher course!

Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

Awesome deal! If I wasn't 1500 miles away, I'd sign up for a refresher just cause!
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

The WDCR driver's school at Summit Point is an excellent choice for someone getting into racing. The amount of track time you will get for $199 is crazy. Not to mention the instruction/c&c from some very experienced drivers.

I actually just sold my old HP Rabbit to a guy that wants to get into racing. I'll make sure and let him know about this.

This is great news!!! I'd be tempted to do it just for the track time!! Good region and good track. I raced there last year and will be back!

PSA:
    While we are talking about deals, anyone that needs a car or has a tin top, but wants to try an open top give me a ring or shoot me a message for a fair price for the school or even a package deal to match the regions offer!

One of the most affordable, reliable and fun options out there, I'm so hooked on them I work on em now!

PM me or call me or Charlie at the shop 570-682-9666

A number of these are available for rent and we always bring an extra or two to have available.

Last year in the paddock at Summit.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Default Registration now open!!!!

If you're looking to race, registration is now open for the deal of the century.

Get everything you need right here:

Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

To clarify; if you complete just the one school , you may race the next event. A big change from the past that you would need two schools and often have to wait or go out of region to get the second school.
    Good luck with it and spread the word.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    To clarify; if you complete just the one school , you may race the next event. A big change from the past that you would need two schools and often have to wait or go out of region to get the second school.
    Good luck with it and spread the word.
    Cal-Club has had "super" schools for a while. When I did mine in 2006, it was a double weekend with a half day ground school on Friday. No need for a second weekend or to go any place else. Then the next regional double weekend was all that was needed to sign off the novice book. Now they've advanced the schedule, so the first full race is on Sunday. However, it's never been inexpensive. in '06 dollars, I paid $600 for the school fees and another $1k to rent an ITB car.

Default Three weeks....

You can start your way to a successful racing career...register now and take advantage of the great deals and greater instruction!

Registration is NOW OPEN! Get everything you need right here:

Just a quick reminder that drivers school is in two weeks. It's not too late to register for the longest running, most respected and biggest value in drivers schools on the east coast.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep