Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Devil in the Dark 2014

We are still looking for a 4th driver... Last year we finished a very respectful 7th place overall with the RX8 in our first ever "real" endurance race. We followed up that performance with another great finish at the VIR 13hr. It's a well balanced fun car to drive, and for $2,200 it's a bargain for this type of racing! Please e-mail [email protected] or call 603-738-6686 of you are interested!

Thanks;

Raymond and Stephen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

The illumaboards: we have to use the ones from Crucial that are linked in the Supps, right? Same topic, what is the tip/trick to mount them? Are they self-adhesive? I've heard they will tear if you try to remove them later, is that the case?

WTCF racing, we are in a 1989 Civic that will be in E5, it's an LCC car, we'll be on Dunlop Z2s, 3 drivers.

I suggest using box tape wrapped around all the edges of the board. If you don't do this the top layer of the board will peel off if you use tape. Then use box tape over that to the car.

Stephen.

P.S. if you get ahold of them let me know. Our power module broke.

Stephen

I suggest using box tape wrapped around all the edges of the board. If you don't do this the top layer of the board will peel off if you use tape. Then use box tape over that to the car.
    Good idea, thanks for the suggestion

P.S. if you get ahold of them let me know. Our power module broke.
    You should be able to contact them through the link in the Supps - let me know if there are any problems. Crucial has been very helpful with the glowboards in previous events. They are racers themselves and will be in the 88 BMW 325is this year. Let them know that we appreciate their support.

See ya at The Devil

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Since Kirk has announced........... I'll be there with Kirk and team! Really looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've run an enduro..........
    Are you guys running in the E5 Golf, is it an LCC car? Glad to see at least a couple more cars in E5. We are in an LCC3 Civic in E5.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by webhound View Post
    Are you guys running in the E5 Golf, is it an LCC car? Glad to see at least a couple more cars in E5. We are in an LCC3 Civic in E5.
    Brandon Lewis' ex-ITB Mk3 Golf in LCC3. - GA

Greg

Brandon Lewis' ex-ITB Mk3 Golf in LCC3.
    Is this the "Spirit of Pablo"?

I'm glad to see some cars taking advantage of our LeChump rules.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Is this the "Spirit of Pablo"?
    Yup, 'purt much.

See y'all there.

GA

Technically, I don't think Brandon's Golf was ever an ITB car. He sold the blue one he had. This one's been a LeChumper since birth. I THINK, anyway. I drove it at the NMJP LeMons race last year and it's actually pretty nice to wheel.

K

Any seats out there? Any drivers looking? I have cars and asses, but no the proper ratio...

46 entries already and I know of at least three more!!

uhh... I couldn't get to reg from the event website... Am I missing something?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Any one know if we are able to get access to track Thursday night. If so what time are we owed in?

Dave

Any one know if we are able to get access to track Thursday night. If so what time are we owed in?
    There are no official activities at the track on Thursday night. However, Devil in the Dark participants will be allowed in on Thursday evening.

HTH

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 04-20-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Do they have Wi-Fi? Thought about bringing I racing for Thursday night :-) NJ is downloaded...

Stephen

A couple of event questions.

1. I understand the numbers and class letters will be provided. Will these be the E class letters, IE E5? If so, is it necessary to put on our actual car base class lettering too, along with weight? IE, LCC3.

2. I have two team members that will need weekend memberships. Where do I go to get them these, and what's the cost?

Will

Stephen

Do they have Wi-Fi? Thought about bringing I racing for Thursday night :-) NJ is downloaded...
    There is wi-fi at the track. I cannot comment on its strength or location but I suspect the closer to the tower, the better you will be.

During the race we will be broadcasting rMonitor in the pit area and it should be available to all teams.

See ya at The Devil

Terry

Will

1. I understand the numbers and class letters will be provided. Will these be the E class letters, IE E5? If so, is it necessary to put on our actual car base class lettering too, along with weight? IE, LCC3.
    We will be distributing the 'E' class decals. That is the only class designation required. All cars must display their minimum weight, if there is a minimum weight for their designated class. The weight should be the regulation weight with no the driver adjustment.

2. I have two team members that will need weekend memberships. Where do I go to get them these, and what's the cost?
    There will be a separate station at Registration for weekend memberships. The cost is $15 and this amount may be applied to the first year membership fee if the individual becomes a regular member.

See ya at The Devil

Terry

Time to practice... We will be hosting an iRacing session at NJMP tonight at 10:00pm... Should be open for a few hours!

Raymond "I am down to a 1:33 with the Miata, where you at?" Blethen

Edit: Session started... Password is "Devil"
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 04-21-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Will

See ya at The Devil

Terry
    Terry, you rock!

Thanks for your effort in putting this together!

W

Default What Goes Around, Comes Around

In 1966 during its inaugural season, the Trans-Am series visited the 12 Hours of Marlboro, a direct predecessor of The Devil in the Dark. The race at Marlboro was already an established sedan endurance race. Bob Tullius and Tony Adamowicz won the 12 Hour race that year over a field of international drivers and factory race cars driving Bob's factory 1966 Dodge Dart.

1966Trans-AmatMarlboro2.jpg

The 12 Hour was suspended in 1969 when Marlboro Raceway closed. The race was dormant for many years until it was revived in 1999 at Summit Point as the 12 Hours at the Point. The race flourished for eleven years as the premier endurance race for showroom stock and improved touring type vehicles. In 2010 the race move to its current home at New Jersey Motorsports Park where it was renamed The Devil in the Dark.

The year Robert Benson and his brother James are entering their first 12 Hour race with Robert's venerable 1966 Dodge Dart.

2013RegionalatNJMP1B.jpgPhoto by Hotlap Photo

Do you think that history can repeat itself? Will Lightning strike twice at the fifth running of The Devil in the Dark at NJMP? We will see on 26 April.

I hope to see ya at The Devil

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 04-28-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Raymond

Time to practice... We will be hosting an iRacing session at NJMP tonight at 10:00pm... Should be open for a few hours!

Raymond "I am down to a 1:33 with the Miata, where you at?" Blethen

Edit: Session started... Password is "Devil"
    I don't recall seeing a race report from this session. What happened? Who was fast? Was there really going to be a protest of that 1:33 Miata? Inquiring minds want to know.

Terry